24mm BlackHawk/ Beast is unleashed!!! rocket/motor combo

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackjack2564

Crazy Jim's Gone Banana's
Reaction score
Well the Carbon BlackHawk 24mm rocket is just about done and there just HAD to be something new to fly it on. Enter the little Beast.

Can you guess what it is.

Every day I'll show a little more of the 24mm "Hemi".......

to be continued.........

100_4147.jpg

100_4148.jpg

100_4149.jpg

I am more interested in the motor than that carbon-fiber spear.

You know, that could make for an interesting top on a boosted dart configuration assuming there is a way to fit a tracker and timer in there. Sounds like an Adrian project. :cool:

-Dave

Nice! Blink and she's gone.

Could you please post how much it weighs with the motor case and recovery installed? It looks like it might be between 200g and 400g.

ShadowAero makes a highly reflective Mylar streamer, and this rocket may be a candidate to receive said streamer.

Greg

Jim...

You are a bad, bad, bad man! Posting those pictures when Tim doesn't have the kit available, yet, meaning I can't get one now!

Very cool, very nice! I just had a chat with Tim about them; he's laughing.

Fitting a tracker in 24mm tubing is gonna be fun. I think my BeeLine will fit....

-Kevin

Maybe 2 weeks?

Tim gave me a timeline. It's not immediate, but it's soon.

With this, I see the addition of a Mongoose 38 in my future -- Blackhawk 24, Blackhawk 29, Mongoose 38, Mongoose 54.... Yeah, that'd be a nice collection.

-Kevin

Snazzy! I'm going to venture a guess and say... ~80N-s, 2-grain casing? Feel free to hit me upside the head if I'm way off; motor making is not something I see myself doing in the foreseeable future.

In any case, I think I'm going to pick one up when/if they become contest certified. Either that or CTI produces some really nice F loads.

And another thing... that rear closure looks reusable. Quite a difference from the bigger CTI stuff.

Is any dealer going to have any of the Pro24s in stock at NARCON?

Today's fix for the ''Hemi" junkies....................

to be continued........

Put together your wish lists for the reloads..........these walls have ears.......

............OBEY.......

100_4153.jpg

Last edited:
Loooooooooong..........for loooooooong reloads................maybe even looooooong burn !

Have to stay tuned to seeeeeeeee!

Finished up the rocket today......you know the thing the motor is hanging out of. I think everybody is so fascinated with the new motor you forgot about the new rocket.

After much wet sanding with 400 the 6 coats of clear sparkle.

Finished weight is 172grams or 6.1oz.

With it's big brother the BlackHawk 29 for scale. Al I have to agree with you this Buy 2 cause your gonna lose 1.

..............................................................................................................
So with this in mind for the next 48 hours Wildman will give you one free BlackHawk 24 for every one you buy with the hardware and 10 reloads. Pre- order of course since neither the rocket or hardware are yet available.
.............................................................................................................

DISCLAIMER>>>>>>>>DISCLAIMER.. JUST KIDDING!!!!!

100_4214.jpg

100_4242.jpg

100_4233.jpg

100_4205_2.jpg

I wonder if the Pro24 is going to have spacer options like the Pro29?

If the Pro24's turn out to be as easy to work with as their larger brothers, a lot of folks could wind up using APCP who wouldn't have considered it previously. :cool:

Greg

I wonder if the Pro24 is going to have spacer options like the Pro29?

If the Pro24's turn out to be as easy to work with as their larger brothers, a lot of folks could wind up using APCP who wouldn't have considered it previously. :cool:

Greg

I'm hoping the same thing. Might lure a lot of otherwise uninterested parties into BIG midpower. And for most, once hooked, it's a natural stairway up to the next level. Bigger heavier midpower rockets to fly than would be possible on BP.

This new 24 line could draw a lot of users to CTI and keep them there.

Finished up the rocket today......you know the thing the motor is hanging out of. I think everybody is so fascinated with the new motor you forgot about the new rocket.

After much wet sanding with 400 the 6 coats of clear sparkle.

Finished weight is 172grams or 6.1oz.

Actually, I'm more interested in the rocket.... :)

Looking forward to getting one; it's gonna be a nice rocket to fly with my son.

-Kevin

Today's fix for the ''Hemi" junkies....................

to be continued........

Put together your wish lists for the reloads..........these walls have ears.......

............OBEY.......

If you look real close to the picture here you can make out a number.:D I know what it is, but lets see if some of our 'sleuths' find it..Same naming sequence as all CTI loads/cases, it is a P24-?G..Look carefully, you CAN just barely make out the number before the G..;)

If you look real close to the picture here you can make out a number.:D I know what it is, but lets see if some of our 'sleuths' find it..Same naming sequence as all CTI loads/cases, it is a P24-?G..Look carefully, you CAN just barely make out the number before the G..;)

Well, I made a fool of myself. I thought that was the entire casing sticking out, but jeebus was I wrong. That's P24-6G. Which is just crazy. That's about 50% H in 24mm at some ungodly average thrust by my estimation. Hows about a P18-6G full G impulse for the next new line? :roll::p

Are you sure its not 4? it looks just like the 4 in the number 24 to the left of it

It looks to me like a "4", too. Still, that's something. This could be a game changer in the world of 24mm motors. O the possibilities ...

Greg

Man, I can't wait for these to come out. I have been very interested in CTI for quite a while, but now I think I am going to pounce on these. Excuse me for a few minutes, I have some motor retainer rings to knock out of some rockets... :D

It looks to me like a "4", too. Still, that's something. This could be a game changer in the world of 24mm motors. O the possibilities ...

Greg

I thought it was a "4" at first too. But then I looked and it looks different than the 4 in "P24." Either way, it's either a full G or a 50%H in 24, something that I don't think has happened before, at least commercially. The only other 24mm G I can think of was the AT G55 SU, but I'm fairly certain that it was only in the 110N-s range.

I thought it was a "4" at first too. But then I looked and it looks different than the 4 in "P24." ...

Ok. I looked again (on another computer) and the enlarged image looked more like a "6" than a "4".

Yeah, it's got a HEMI.

Greg

Back