3D Printing 24 to 29 mm adaptor for Estes E or F motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I made a simple 24 to 29 mm adaptor for Estes E or F motors. Should I upload to thing verse?

Attachments

• IMG_1042.jpeg
    IMG_1042.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 36
Chuck,these are great but IMHO the easiest 24 to 29 adapter is a spent 29mm estes motor turned upside down. The 24mm casing will fit inside the 29mm motor.

Chuck,these are great but IMHO the easiest 24 to 29 adapter is a spent 29mm estes motor turned upside down. The 24mm casing will fit inside the 29mm motor.

Understood. I prefer these because they have a built in thrust ring and smell less like burnt BP.

I made a simple 24 to 29 mm adaptor for Estes E or F motors. Should I upload to thing verse?

I printed one from Thingiverse by SiegecraftPB and it looks like there is some room for improvement in the design. For one thing, their thrust ring does not protrude out far enough.

I'd like to print yours, as I like the split design. Could you upload it to Thingiverse so I could give it a try?

Thanks!

I will perfect it over the next couple of days and then upload it. I actually have a bunch of items to upload.

You know, Aeropac makes an awesome 29 to 24mm adapter, only 1” long and only weighs .27 oz. and is aluminum. I can’t think of an adapter handier than that.

You know, Aeropac makes an awesome 29 to 24mm adapter, only 1” long and only weighs .27 oz. and is aluminum. I can’t think of an adapter handier than that.

It seems to me that an adapter that's only 1 Inch long might be less than optimum. That means that with a CTI 3 grain case, more than 4 inches would be hanging with only the bottom 1 inch supported. Am I missing something?

Wouldn't a rough landing be more likely to cause damage to the case than if a full length adapter was used?

It seems to me that an adapter that's only 1 Inch long might be less than optimum. That means that with a CTI 3 grain case, more than 4 inches would be hanging with only the bottom 1 inch supported. Am I missing something?

Wouldn't a rough landing be more likely to cause damage to the case than if a full length adapter was used?

We’re talking about 24mm motors . . . the rest of the motor is inside the rocket, so where is the chance of damage to the case?

Latest posts

Back