2022 Dalzell Launch Schedule

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 13 and 14th launch days have arrived. On the way to the field and the waiver has been confirmed. Looks like a beautiful day. It might be a little windy,

Come in the first gate and not the main gate. The main gate is locked. The secondary entrance is near Layneward CT

I posted videos of the November launches Saturday, then Sunday. A list of the info I got is in the description.

The launch is a go this weekend. I would recommend some social distancing. No other COVID precautions are required.

The launch is a go this weekend. I would recommend some social distancing. No other COVID precautions are required.

After a look at the weather for Saturday, we are canceling this weekend. See everyone in January.

The launch reports are now posted on the club's website.

I looked at the launch reports and think you should add 'Number of igniters burned without ignition (aka number of times Sandy tried to light a motor)'. Just kidding, of course!!!

Thanks for the launch summaries and all the work you and other club members do.

Sandy.

The weather looks good Sunday. We should cancel Saturday only.
Unfortunately, there is no one to set up and run the launch. I was gonna set up Saturday and have Bridgett run it with Robert. I can’t be there until 1300 Sunday at the earliest.

Unfortunately, there is no one to set up and run the launch. I was gonna set up Saturday and have Bridgett run it with Robert. I can’t be there until 1300 Sunday at the earliest.

OK. See you in January.

The January 15-16, 2022 launch has been canceled due to high COVID transmission rates. As per our agreement with the landowner, the COVID test positivity rate must be below 15% for the three consecutive days before the launch. Today's (Jan 12) rate is 28.9%.

The January 15-16, 2022 launch has been canceled due to high COVID transmission rates. As per our agreement with the landowner, the COVID test positivity rate must be below 15% for the three consecutive days before the launch. Today's (Jan 12) rate is 28.9%.
Don't forget the weather which will suck. Launching in an ice storm is not my idea of a good launch day. Cloudy, breezy, and cold Saturday.

I hope the Omicron spike is short lived. It may have hit its peak here in Florida. I am planning on attending the National Sport Launch since it's only a day's drive each way and it sounds like a fun event and will be disappointed if it's cancelled due to COVID.

I hope the Omicron spike is short lived. It may have hit its peak here in Florida. I am planning on attending the National Sport Launch since it's only a day's drive each way and it sounds like a fun event and will be disappointed if it's cancelled due to COVID.

I am sort of an expert and I think we will have a solution set by then.

A lot of folks are upset at canceling of events - remember when numbers get above 30% positivity, travel and hotel stays are not suggested. For us, the landowner vetoed. As with COVID, the owner gets a vote.

February 12-13 ICBM Research Launch - We finally have approval from Shaw Air Force to have our launch this weekend! Set up is at 10 am on Saturday. Any help with set up and tear down is always greatly appreciated.

POSTPONED: The March 12-13 ROSCO Sport Launch has been postponed until March 19-20 due to expected rain and high winds (20 mph with gusts up to 38mph) on Saturday.

July 2022 Update:

We are canceling for Sunday, July 10. The field is very wet and more rain is expected early this afternoon.

Announcement: The NAR ROSCO August 2022 launch is canceled because the ROSCO leadership is unavailable this month. Chuck would step in and make it a TRA launch, but he has to work that weekend. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Back