2022 Dalzell Launch Schedule

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. it's a great that you don't have to wait for crops to go in and come out. I sure hope to make it down there this year.

June ROSCO, and December ICBM looks like maybe last years dates? Should it be June 12-13, Dec 11-12 instead?

March 13-14 Launch: Additional Info
Ken Allen of Performance Hobbies will be on the field both days.
Launch Forms need to be completed by 11 pm Thursday, March 11. You will not be allowed on the field if the forms are not completed on time. You can find the forms at: http://rocketrysouthcarolina.org/index.php?pages/launchforms/
Set up for the day begins around 10 am. Range is open until about an hour before sunset.
Any help with set up and tear down is greatly appreciated!

Let's get a large crowd. Those that set up and tear down get a $5 off token toward flight fees.

We have a great launch. Thanks too all of those who attended. Beautiful Weather. I flew my 3D printed rocket to around 5000-6000 feet and low it on a G. I build another andI flew it to 4000-5000 feet on an F and got it back.

May 1-2 ROSCO Sport Launch
We have some changes to announce. Masks will still be required on the flight line but we will no longer require the COVID-19 waiver.
Everyone must complete the Landowner Release Waiver ONCE each calendar year. You can find that form on our site at http://rocketrysouthcarolina.org/index.php...

June 2021 Launch Canceled

From Bobby Weatherford:
I have some bad news to share. Unfortunately, we have to cancel the June launch. I received a call from the land manager this morning. Due to the rain we've received the past couple of weeks, the relatively mild temperatures, the area has been inundated with various grass and human flesh loving insects.
The land manager has no choice but to bring in a crop duster filled with "potent" insecticide to manage the insect population and hopefully save their crop. The spraying will occur on Saturday and Sunday on both the Dazell and Rembert fields. He advises we should not be there during or after the spraying due to potential harm to animals, including humans.
The leadership team discussed moving the launch to another weekend. However, most of us already have commitments through the end of June. This means we shall have our inaugural launch on 10-11 July.
We look forward to seeing you folks on the field then.

Hope all are OK ASAP. Launching rockets is nice, but real issues are much more important.

Look forward to hearing a positive update on the affected leaders and flying with you all again.

Sandy.

Hope all are OK ASAP. Launching rockets is nice, but real issues are much more important.

Look forward to hearing a positive update on the affected leaders and flying with you all again.

Sandy.

It will be ok. A family member had surgery and must be assisted for a few days and can't be left alone.

Launch for 17-18 is a go and the NOTAM was called in. No expected weather delays.

Please remember to complete the Landowner Waiver for the Dalzell site. You must complete the form for the Dalzell site even if you completed one for the Rembert site. The Landowner Waiver for each site needs to be completed just once per calendar year.

I just noticed the launch is at Dalzell and not Rembert. I went to the website a re-read the launch rules and see the waiver is 7000 ft. I thought the Rembert field had a higher waiver, so I was wondering if the Dalzell field is smaller or if i was just misremembering the waiver. I'm not going to fly that high either way, but I was curious about the overall field size vs Rembert.

Is this a permanent change or will some launches happen at Rembert in the future?

Thanks!

Sandy.

I just noticed the launch is at Dalzell and not Rembert. I went to the website a re-read the launch rules and see the waiver is 7000 ft. I thought the Rembert field had a higher waiver, so I was wondering if the Dalzell field is smaller or if i was just misremembering the waiver. I'm not going to fly that high either way, but I was curious about the overall field size vs Rembert.

Is this a permanent change or will some launches happen at Rembert in the future?

Thanks!

Sandy.
Sandy,

You are remembering correctly that the Rembert site had a higher waiver (15,000ft). The field at Dalzell is actually larger but closer to Shaw Air Force base so we have a lower waiver.

As far as we know right now, the move to Dalzell will be permanent. The Rembert fields are being changed from sod to row crops.

Thanks for the information. Sorry to hear the Rembert field is changing to crops. . . it was a really nice field.

Hope to see y'all Saturday! I'll make sure we fill out the waiver in the link posted on the site beforehand.

Sandy.

IMG_1169.HEIC.jpeg

One new rocket to fly. This one might hurt a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_1169.HEIC.jpeg
    IMG_1169.HEIC.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 3
The launch is a go for 7-8 August:
The launch is still a go for this weekend. We may have some downtime to allow military aircraft to pass. If you have never been to our new field in Dalzell, we need each flyer and attendee to fill out a landowner waiver. Each attendee needs to fill out a COVID waiver before each launch. They can be found at:

https://www.rocketrysouthcarolina.org/pages/launchforms/

Great 3 day event - we were so busy that I did not even haved time to fly. I like busy launches.

I was hoping for basic launch reports for Freedom and October launches. Just a motor breakdown and number of flights would help.
Thanks. I only got video for 2 launches, will post them to Youtube and announce them here. Issues with memory card reading full with 9 GB left :mad:

I was hoping for basic launch reports for Freedom and October launches. Just a motor breakdown and number of flights would help.
Thanks. I only got video for 2 launches, will post them to Youtube and announce them here. Issues with memory card reading full with 9 GB left :mad:

The launch reports are now posted on the club's website.

Back