2020 Rocketry Goals

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Fly Stage-a-saurus, my as-yet-unflown 2-stage composite motors rocket (G-F to H-H impulse). This rocket is built, so I should be able to knock this goal out pretty quickly.
2. Build and fly Spruce Goose, an F/G/H rocket with a wooden airframe. This rocket is in concept design stage.
3. Help the TARC team I mentor get to nationals this year. The last two years, we were the first alternate.

1. Pass minus. It flew on a single booster, no sustainer.
2. Pass!
3. Meh. The team had good enough scores to go to nationals if nationals had happened. Damn COVID.

vvvvv
New job, new position in the club, less busy list this year. Tack on getting married and buying a house, stuff got done this year!

-Fly my 18/20 and 24/40 cases Done
-Build my Pro Series Patriot (maybe get the new Estes cluster rocket so the 4x24 in a classic discontinued kit isn't my first cluster attempt) I built it, AND flew it right before year end! Even bought a Sidekick
-Build the Star Orbiter that's been tucked behind my couch. Did that too! Going to drag race it with a club friend on I205s

(bonus) find a summer HPR flying field Nope, not even close
^^^^^

*Familiarize myself with reloadable motors
*Build my scratch-build level-1 rocket and get certified
*Get my home-brew chute release operational
*Get better at video editing and post a bunch more to my YouTube channel

Oh, boy. I succeeded in exactly none of the above. 2020 was absolutely horrendous for my family and hobbies. However, not all was a complete waste; I did my scratch built "A Wee Dram", and got into 3D printing. Here's hoping this year facilitates yet more progress.

I hope everyone's OK.

As for my wife and our kids, we're doing well health-wise, but my mom got a cancer diagnosis (treatable, so no big worries) just after Thanksgiving, and my wife's mom got a diabetes diagnosis. On top of that, I lost my job and was out of work for about two months before landing a better job, and our girls didn't transition well into remote school.

Latest posts

Back