2020 Unofficial TRF Black Friday Links Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

les

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Who's got one?

I've seen announcements for

LabRat https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/lab-rat-rocketry-holiday-sale.162727/

Egg Timer https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/the-2020-eggtimer-rocketry-holiday-sale.162675/#post-2065084

Black Aero https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/black-aero-2020-holiday-sale.162690/

Update 11/22

BuyRocketMotors 11/27 ~ 11/30

One Bad Hawk https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/onebadhawk-recovery-harnesses-black-week-sale.162981/

Stickershock - NOTE - Fri/Sat/Sun ONLY

Who else? Hopefully will start hearing some things from Wildman.

I believe I saw AMW is now carrying Aerotech and is having a sale that ends 11/16 - so jump on that quickly https://amwprox.com/

Last edited:
Wildman has already sent out an email reminding everyone that the sales will soon be upon us!

I even got a call from Tim asking about something specific in regards to the website.

Team,

Post links to all the Black Friday Sales that you think may be of interests to the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lab Rat Rocketry - https://shoutout.wix.com/so/62NM_Epze#/main

The Lab Rat Rocketry Holiday Sale Is Here

Officially, the sale runs from Sat Nov 14th until the morning of December 2nd, but the sale prices are already live. As a mailing list subscriber you get first shot.
There are discounts on every item we sell, ranging from 10% to >25%.
For mailing list subscribers only, use the code PIE (because it's the best part of Thanksgiving dinner) to get $5.50 off any order of $30 or more...basically free standard shipping.

Madcow Rocketry - https://www.madcowrocketry.com/sale/

SALE

Countdown to Black Friday
IMPORTANT: the sale starts at 7am PST, 10am EST on each Friday. These items will show out of stock until the sale starts. Please note also that you do not have the item until you checkout - just putting it in your cart does not guarantee you can checkout with the item if someone else checks out before you.
Limited supply - when we run out the sale is over

Wildman - https://wildmanrocketry.com/

Wednesday Night Sale​
There are only 3 Days left until the Sale starts.
The Wednesday is only for current club members .
To Check if you are a current club member, log into the website and Check the price of an Aerotech J 350 .
It should be $66.59.
If you think you are a current Club Member an logged into the website and you don't see that price please contact us to check your membership status .
The reason for the Wednesday sale is to test out the website before the big sale on Saturday.
so it is kind of a dry run and a way to say
Thank you to all of the Club members .
Happy holiday from Wildman's​

Eggtimer Rocketry - https://eggtimerrocketry.com/eggtimer-rocketry-holiday-sale/

EGGTIMER ROCKETRY HOLIDAY SALE
It’s the time of the year again for that most cherished of all holiday traditions… the annual Eggtimer Rocketry Holiday Sale. Since we like sleeping in and aren’t too keen on getting up at 4:00 am to get in on some “quantities limited” sale that is essentially over by 4:05 am, our sale is going to run from Saturday Nov. 14th through Monday Nov. 30th. That’s 17 whole shopping days to drain your annual rocketry budget!
Altimeter/Av Bay Stuff
o Eggtimer Proton Flight Computer (6 outputs, 120G accelerometer, WiFi) Reg. $70, sale price $50
o Eggtimer Quantum WiFi-Enabled Flight Computer, Reg. $40, sale price $30
o Eggtimer Classic Flight Computer, Reg. $35, sale price $25 (limited to stock on hand, sorry)
o Eggtimer Quark 2-Output Deployment Controller, Reg. $20, sale price $15
o NEW! Eggtimer Apogee Deployment Controller, Reg. $15, sale price $12
(Grab ‘em while we got ‘em… these are going fast!)

o Eggtimer WiFi Switch, Reg. $20, sale price $15
o Eggtimer Mini Switch, Reg. $15, sale price $12
Eggfinder GPS Trackers
Special Holiday Combo Deals:
900 MHz Eggfinder LCD receiver without case/hardware, with 3.5 dB external antenna, and your choice of transmitters… regular TX or teeny tiny Mini transmitter… $100
This is a special deal, designed for use with the Black Aero 3D printed receiver case…
See BlackAero.com for their special holiday deals.

900 MHz Eggfinder LCD receiver with case/hardware, with 3.5 dB external antenna, and your choice of transmitters… regular TX or teeny tiny Mini transmitter… $110
Popular Eggfinder Options:
LCD-GPS add-on Module, Reg. $40, sale price $30
Upgrade to TRS Altimeter/GPS (900 MHz): Add $20
Upgrade to 70cm Ham TRS Altimeter/GPS: Add $30
Other Eggfinder GPS Deals
o Eggfinder TX GPS transmitter, Reg. $70, sale price $50 (Yup, $50 for a GPS transmitter…)
o Eggfinder Mini GPS transmitter, Reg. $75, sale price $50 (Lowest price ever!)
o Eggtimer TRS GPS/Flight Computer, Reg. $90, sale price $70
o Eggtimer TRS, 70cm Ham Version, Reg. $100, sale price $80
o Eggfinder LCD receiver only (900 MHz), Reg. $55, sale price $50
o Eggfinder LCD receiver only, 70cm Ham, Reg. $65, sale price $60
o Eggfinder RX “dongle” receiver only, Reg. $25, sale price $20
(specify frequency/ID and USB cable or Bluetooth)
We have plenty of inventory on almost everything, but due to the nature and the volume involved in this sale it is highly possible (if not likely…) that we might run out of something. If we do, we’ll let you know, and get busy making more of them. Nobody’s going away empty-handed… you just might have to wait a week or so if we run out. If you’re giving something as a gift, be sure to let us know, and order early… our email is [email protected]
And as always, thanks for your continued support!

One Bad Hawk https://onebadhawk.com/index.html

We would like to thank each and every one of you,,
Again, I just feel so blessed to have the ongoing support of this community year after year..
You have supported us and pushed us forward and up in a way we wouldn’t have dared dream..
We donate raffle prizes to clubs across the country all the time..
But each year we feel this is a more direct way of saying a substantial and heartfelt Thank you
to this whole wonderful community for your support all year long..
Onebadhawk will run our annual "Black Friday" sale, as always for the entire week of Thanksgiving,,
Monday 11/23/2020 through Monday 11/30/2020,, it's much more relaxed / no rush this way..
you’ll get the best deals of the year on the best harnesses in rocketry and a whole lot more..
As usual, we try to help with the expense of setting up dual deploy rockets..
The sale will be "Buy 3 get 1 of equal or lesser value free" on every harness on the Onebadhawk site....
( There will be a limit of one offer per customer )..
Those savings will average out to between 20% and 25%.....
Now that's a great deal on some great harnesses..
On all of the material that we're having manufactured specially for us..
New material / product alert !!!! 1/4", and 3/8" Tubular Kevlar ( this isn't new material anymore, and my how you have loved it, thank you )
There's no longer a gap in Kevlar harness materials...
There's no guessing at what material fits a particular size airframe..

Our 3/16" Tubular Kevlar is just perfect for those really small airframes
where space is at an absolute premium-- 38mm, 54mm and 2.6"....
Our 1/4" Tubular Kevlar is just perfect for 3" airframes..
Our 3/8" Tubular Kevlar is just perfect for 4" airframes..
Our 7/16" Tubular Kevlar is just perfect for 5" and up airframes..

No gaps in material size..
No guessing which harness is correct for my current rocketry build..

The 3/16" Tubular Kevlar is now available as "standard" in 15 ft or 20 ft,
so it'll fit those tight 38mm airframes and still be appropriate in a 2.6" airframes..

The 7/16" Tubular Kevlar 3 loop booster harnesses will now be 30 ft "standard",,
while the 7/16" Tubular Kevlar 2 loop payload section harnesses will still be 25 ft "standard"..
This is like getting custom harnesses at "standard production run" prices..

There's been another change in "standard" harness length..
The 3/8" Tubular Kevlar 3 loop booster harnesses will now be 30 ft "standard",,
while the 3/8" Tubular Kevlar 2 loop payload section harnesses will still be 25 ft "standard"..
Again, a "custom" harness set at "standard" harness pricing..
Price will stay the same for this longer harness, no raise in cost..

These new materials are just perfect for so many applications..
They're super small, but super strong,, and are also abrasion resistant...
These harnesses have certainly become an absolute favorite in such a short time...
Try one once, you'll never go back..
These harnesses are just as cool as it gets....

( But of course, this sale cannot include any custom work,, or Kevlar sleeved nylon harnesses )...

And just because I love to see them out in the field at a launch,,
Anyone who's total comes out to $250 or more I'll throw in the coolest T shirt around,,,
A Onebadhawk T Shirt of your choice ( Blue, Gold, or Lime ) for as long as existing supplies last,,,
The shirts are just as cool as it gets,, just wait till you see them...

Onebadhawk Polished Stainless Steel Hardware is commonly known as
“the right stuff” "the best around" everyone knows it, and everyone loves it..
To celebrate the holiday, the best hardware around will be offered at the best prices of the year to sweeten the pot on the black weekend sale offerings,,
you’ll get 20% off all the stainless hardware you’d like..

As always, just send me an email at the sales at onebadhawk dot com address with all of the items you'd like,
and I'll send you an invoice to pay at PayPal..

We always love to celebrate our friendly affiliation with Wildman Hobbies,,
We will have available through Wildman Hobbies our harnesses in sets / pairs
as appropriate for his special new rockets he is having his sale on..
These harness deals will only be available through Wildman Hobbies..
These harnesses will be at a better price then they're offered all year,, 20% off..

I say quite often, I can't wait for you to get the harnesses, you're going to just flip when you see them..
I mean it..
Just speak to someone who flys Onebadhawk Harnesses..

I just don't know how to thank you all enough for all of your support throughout the year...

Sincerely,, respectfully,, humbly,,

Ted Chernok..
Onebadhawk Recovery Harnesses..

Is the Wednesday members sale for members @ Wildman the same as the public one on Saturday or a subset of the saturday sale? First black friday with rocketry, ready to burn some money! :D

I am going to Margie this with the other thread. I started a thread no knowing that someone has started one.

Last edited:
Is the Wednesday members sale for members @ Wildman the same as the public one on Saturday or a subset of the saturday sale? First black friday with rocketry, ready to burn some money! :D

The Wednesday sale is for Wildman Club members only, and you must be a member prior to the sale starting - you can't check out the deals, then decide to join and get the prices.

The Saturday sale is open to everyone.

Sometimes, items are included in both sales, though when that happens the pricing may be different where Wildman Club members get a better deal on Wednesday.

The Wednesday sale is for Wildman Club members only, and you must be a member prior to the sale starting - you can't check out the deals, then decide to join and get the prices.

The Saturday sale is open to everyone.

Sometimes, items are included in both sales, though when that happens the pricing may be different where Wildman Club members get a better deal on Wednesday.

Awesome, I'm already a member so will check both sales.

Madcow

Black Friday Is Here (Almost)
The Madcow Rocketry Team would like to wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving.

Black Friday is here on Friday, November 27th. With the kick in the pants that 2020 has been we decided not to mess around. We're going to up front and straight with you. Our Black Friday sale will be 25% off of everything in the store.

The sale will start at 7 AM California time, 10 AM for you folks on the East Coast. You won't get the sale price until we enable the sale prices at 7 AM. Sorry, but we want it to be fair for everyone.

Everything available on the website is in stock and available for shipping but it may take us up to three weeks to get all of the orders shipped. You can see the Black Friday Survival Tips here for more information.

JonRocket.com’s Annual Holiday Sale begins on Black Friday, November 27, and runs through Cyber Monday, November 30. During the sale, almost everything listed on our web site will be on sale with savings of up to 30% off our already discounted prices. The sale prices will go into effect in the late evening hours on Thanksgiving and the specials will be updated late each evening during the sale. Please shop early to save more.

https://www.jonrocket.com/

Plus … every order earns Rewards Points good toward a future order.

Small Print: All sale prices are only available during the sale period, limited to stock on hand, and update around midnight (Eastern time) each night.

I'm sorry but that attachment gives absolutely zero details. it's just an invitation. Do I have to wait to see actual details when the sale starts? What am I missing here?

Fliskits

FlisKits will be having a sale this weekend! Spend at least $25, enter coupon code BlackFriday2020 at checkout and get 20% off the purchase. As always, orders of $100 or more of product (after discount, in this case) get free shipping. Friday through Monday.

Back