2020 F1 Season

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't tell me....I have to wait for ESPN to play it later today at 3pm so I can watch it. They have reruns on right now and the 18th showing of sportscenter this week which is very important.

Dang shame because that looked like an entertaining track. I am still flabbergasted that there were 3 safety cars (I think) and two red flags. I've seen F1 races red flagged before but never twice that I recall. Unreal.

Taped the race with an extra half hour at the end -- not even close to enough - glad ESPN was replaying it again so I could see the end.

Not too excited about this course - if every wreck causes a red flag I think it needs re-worked.

There's a lot of back and forth about the new media owners trying to shake up the "show" which is not cool at the expense of teams and safety. I noticed the SC car lights go out earlier than normal. I wouldn't watch it anymore if it became a spec series or Nascar/Indy feel to it.

There's a lot of back and forth about the new media owners trying to shake up the "show" which is not cool at the expense of teams and safety. I noticed the SC car lights go out earlier than normal. I wouldn't watch it anymore if it became a spec series or Nascar/Indy feel to it.

I watch IndyCar and I rather like the idea of all the cars being relatively the same. Then it makes the engineering part a lot less significant. I used to hate the cheesy nature of the "Push to Pass" but it actually is a strategic component to the race. With everyone racing what is essentially the same car its all about driver skill and how well the team can set the car up and not about who can afford to employ the most engineers. The problem for me with F1 right now is it seems like the teams that win are the ones who can game the design regulations the best. With the 2021 spending cap of $175 million per team hopefully that will level the playing field a bit. I want to see races decided more on track rather than in a CAD file.

I very much like the engineering aspect of F1 as compared to NASCAR where they drive equal-but-crap cars and try to stay alive while going in circles.

Think of it as a team sport instead of a driver's sport - different game.

Back