2017 Hobby Lobby Summer Clearance

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goose_in_co

Reaction score
I stopped at the local Hobby Lobby on the way home today, and noticed that they have several rockets with the clearance price tags. There were several empty locations on the wall without labels, which might mean that there are more items to this list, but here is what I found:

A10-PT Motors
Super Neon
Puma

All are at 40% off of the tag price, but this is usually an indicator of what they are not going to carry when they rotate their stock.

Happy Hunting Y'all

Goose

Yeah I saw the A10-PT motors. I bought a BT55 booster for 59 cents. That was on clearance.
Thanks,

mine also had the Acsender on clearance. They had the "D" for discontinued on the Nike Smoke tag too but were already out of them, most likely from the 4H kids who painted them purple. I has the Neon in my hand but decided against it. Now to wait for the reset to see what is coming

Just went to the NEW Hobby Lobby by my work! Same selection as the one farther away - empty hooks and all! No Puma. :( Will probably get an Expedition w my 40% coupon.

Yeah I saw the A10-PT motors. I bought a BT55 booster for 59 cents. That was on clearance.
Thanks,

Ha! I've been seeing this on the shelf at my local HL for a couple weeks and I always almost buy it on principle but I have absolutely nothing to put it on so...I don't.

I do suppose, if anyone in the North Austin area is reading this, hit up that Hobby Lobby off 183 and Lakecreek by Pinballz and snag a cheap booster!

Last week I visited two HL stores in the Twin Cities and made it a point to talk to an employee. They knew nothing about a "summer clearance". Prices were the same. Estes product selection was poor as usual.

Last week I visited two HL stores in the Twin Cities and made it a point to talk to an employee. They knew nothing about a "summer clearance". Prices were the same. Product selection sucked as usual.

At my local HL, the selection is really really good! They probably have at least 20 kits, and a lot of motors!
Thanks,

Stopped by another HL, and recorded the items with "D's" on the wall: Ascender, Super Neon, Nike Smoke, Puma, Sequoia, Mini Fat Boy, Indicator. A10-PT, E16-8, F15-8, Booster 55.
I picked up the Booster 55 ($.59), a Mini FB, and the Sequoia.

The boys and I scored a Mini Fat Boy, Super Neon, Nike Smoke, F15-0, E16-8, PSII Booster. We didn't grab the Sequoia or Puma.

I also helped a dad into buying a Star Orbiter and some of the discount kits for his son. Forgot to pitch the local club while talking about building a luncher.

Not to disagree with you rockets but the two Hub Hobby stores here in the Twin Cities have 3 to 4 times more Estes products on display than HL does. Even the small hobby store just up the street from my house (Big Sky Hobby) has at least double the Estes products on display.

At my local HL, the selection is really really good! They probably have at least 20 kits, and a lot of motors!
Thanks,

Are the A10-PT motors a proven motor, or have they had a high defect rate?

Are the A10-PT motors a proven motor, or have they had a high defect rate?

The plugged A10 motors have always been very reliable in the rockets in which I have used them. Go to the 18:31 point in this video to see a cluster of four of them in use, along with a pair of AT F42-4 motors.

[video=youtube;uxdoJJZrUP4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxdoJJZrUP4[/video]

James

Finally...! One of the HL stores in the Twin Cities had a few Estes products on clearance. I was able to get a good deal on two Pro Series boosters, a BT-55 booster and one pack of F15-0 booster engines.

I swung by a Hobby Lobby in a more urban part of town, as opposed to the sub-urban part where I live, and I noticed that Hobby Lobby is on double clearance for the left over hobbies from their change out this summer. Picked up our more rockets, like I need them:eyeroll:
Mini Fat Boy $4.67
Indicator $5.39
Puma $5.35
Nike Smoke $7.91
Clearance is 40% off, then they marked them with another 40% on the markdown price, which is about 64% off the original price.

At these prices, they won't last long.

Goose

Back