2009 EMRR challenge

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gillard

Reaction score
Great TRFs back just in time for the new EMRR challenge. I think that this year's challenge looks really good, and a fair few people have signed up already. What do you think to this year's challenge? is it better or worse than previous years?

Where did the time go, just realised that i only have just over a week until the design this spaceship challenge is due, i my own mind i had another month. and i had great plans, i was gong to build three of them. i have started on the easier of the three, and now it looks like its going to be a close shave just to get that one done.

Maybe Nick will allow a week or 2 extension? What do you think Nick???

Ray

Personally i hope that Nick does not extend the deadline, because a deadline is a deadline. i will meet this deadline, but if it is extended then i will probably procrastinate for an extra week or two and then still be in a rush in the end.
how's your spaceship Ray? , if it,s your usual standard then everyone else will be aiming for second place.

Spaceship design is coming along an extra week would definitely be nice, just more sleep!!! As you mentioned I had planned to build 3 - 2 of them are in the sanding, filler, sanding, etc. stage - paint and flights next week. Test flights have gone pretty well, staging has been challenging.

Looking forward to seeing all the great designs out there!

Ray

three poeple have posted already, you and i take it up to 5, i'm sure there will be others also going in at the last minute.
my spaceship will be ready to fly naked (or maybe with a primer coat) by this sunday - it's staged too, but it does not have an extra booster added on to the design, instead the booster is internal and is part of the original picture.

I got too wrapped up in the PRS team's X-15 build this year and missed several of the deadlines... We are taking next year off from huge projects, so I will compete again in the 2010 EMRR Challenge!

three poeple have posted already, you and i take it up to 5, i'm sure there will be others also going in at the last minute.
my spaceship will be ready to fly naked (or maybe with a primer coat) by this sunday - it's staged too, but it does not have an extra booster added on to the design, instead the booster is internal and is part of the original picture.

well, life has got in the way of rockets - only just primered the rocket today, and the paint has reacted very badly with the coat on one of the surfaces, looks terrible. might be able to save it - hope to fly it tomorrow, only a few days left to review and post it to Nick.

8 deigns in the spaceship contest, some of them look really good, just waiting for voting to begin.

Latest posts

Back