2004 Spring Build and Blast

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by HiflyinPRguy
Has anyone else heard of this? It is some promotion that Hobby Town is putting on:

https://www.hobbytown.com/custompages/?id=21688

Sounds like a great way to bring new rocketeers into the fold, but I just wonder how they are coordinating it. I'll call up my local Hobby Town and get the skinny on this.

Yep, we were looking into this a few days ago ourselves. We were actually looking to see if this is a nationwide participation initiative or just on an individual store or manager basis. What we had in mind was to show up with some of our larger birds and set up a display. It'd be nice to kinda turn it into an "expo". The funniest part would be when we'd show up with Deuces and all other sorts of FlisKits only to see that those "cool" rockets aren't even on the shelves. :D

Originally posted by eugenefl
What we had in mind was to show up with some of our larger birds and set up a display. It'd be nice to kinda turn it into an "expo". The funniest part would be when we'd show up with Deuces and all other sorts of FlisKits only to see that those "cool" rockets aren't even on the shelves. :D

LOL, that would be some great PR for Fliskits. I'll admit I don't own a DW!, yet, but don't hold that against me.

I think it would be great if local clubs set up an expo and prepared a member info packet that included info about the club, what they launch, when they launch, and a map to where they launch. Also includ the NAR safety code, the basic diagrams of parts of a rocket and typical flight of a model rocket. Estes has alot of these documents for download. It would be extra nice if the club brought a TV/VCR and, if they have it, some movies of their larger birds taking off. Ahhh...I love doing community relations:D You could even send out a press release to local news media. Anyone need help writing one? I'm your man.

Seriously though, this would be awesome if we could get local clubs involved like this. I guess you could say that we will be building on the save rocketry now campaign. Let's do it!

Originally posted by eugenefl
the funniest part would be when we'd show up with Deuces and all other sorts of FlisKits only to see that those "cool" rockets aren't even on the shelves. :D

man, yer so bad yer GOOD! :D

I look forward to the time when FlisKits can afford to do these sorts of things!

Originally posted by HiflyinPRguy
I think it would be great if local clubs set up an expo and prepared a member info packet that included info about the club, what they launch, when they launch, and a map to where they launch. Also includ the NAR safety code, the basic diagrams of parts of a rocket and typical flight of a model rocket.

snip

Seriously though, this would be awesome if we could get local clubs involved like this. I guess you could say that we will be building on the save rocketry now campaign. Let's do it!

Actually, the local Tampa TRF crew is moving forward with forming a new chapter of the NAR! In our plans we will hopefully be doing heavy campaigning in local hobby shops, schools, playgrounds, and anywhere we can potential get a kid and their families involved in rocketry. A "member" info packet is also being discussed.

Save rocketry now? That's a daily occurence for me anymore.

Back