2 questions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trenman

Reaction score
1) once I get my L1 do I need to build a whole new rocket for my L2?
2) are aeropack motor mount adapters (ie 75mm-54mm) interchangable or do they have to be glued in?

Thanks all

1) once I get my L1 do I need to build a whole new rocket for my L2?

Nope. Many of us have done L1 and L2 on the same rocket. Now, when you do L3, you're probably going to have to do a new build (unless you were working with a TAP or L3CC from the get-go).

2) are aeropack motor mount adapters (ie 75mm-54mm) interchangable or do they have to be glued in?

You probably meant "removeable" - if so, yes, they are.

L1 and L2 can be with the same rocket.

Aeropac has two kinds of motor retainers. There are glue-on retainers for motors from 29mm to 75mm diameter and bolt-on retainers for motors from 54mm to 98mm diameter. To swap a bolt-on retainer to a different rocket would only require a second set of anchors to embed into the aft centering ring of the second rocket.

First, I did my Level 2 with the same rocket as my Level 1. You just need to ensure it can handle the additional forces and speed. Most rockets with a 54mm or larger motor tube should be able to if built correctly.

Second, there is a difference between the adapters and retainers. You will need a retainer for each rocket (altho the screw-on part is interchangeable). The Adapters are I guess what you would call interchangeable. I use the same 75mm - 54mm adapter when I'm adapting from 75mm as well as 98mm (they nest into each other.)

Hope that helps,

John

Back