2 New Semroc Kits @ JonRocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juaru

Reaction score
Just a quick note to let you know that we have available at a discount the 2 new kits from Semroc Astronautics.

The kits are:

Mark II - A reproduction of the 1957 "Rock-A-Chute"
model rocket kit by Orville Carlisle. This rocket may be considered "ugly" by some, but I think it's "cute".

Arcon - Based on the Centuri Arcon semi-scale
version of the Atlantic Research sounding rocket. First released in 1962
as a 1/8 scale model, Centuri re-released it as a 1/6 scale model in 1965.

As always, enjoy a discounted price and free shipping on orders over 20.00.

John (not Jon) Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

P.S. Rockethead chutes will be available, at a discount of course, later today at JonRocket.com.

I wouldnt say its ugly... I would say its "different" ;)

Phil

Originally posted by sandman
No, it is ugly!

But I want one.

sandman

Got one. Found it on eBay for $4.97. Another is up for the same price. Not quite a clone, as the original (obviously) was non-standard sized parts, and a crayon sharpener for a nose. More like semi-scale. Still, a nice addition

Ugly .... maybe, but if its as good as Semroc's other offerings quality-wise, its well worth the few £/$s it costs.

Yep I agree, Semroc kit's are most probaly the best you will find , just like Fliskits ;)

Looks allright...is that the launch lug hanging off of it???

And wow, 3 12" parachutes?

Originally posted by DPatell

Yes, that's a copy of the original lug. Apparently it was launched from a large diameter dowel or something. I glued a normal sized lug inside of it.

His ad is incorrect. It comes with one 12" chute. The original had a square 18" chute.

The decal it comes with is actually a data plate with specs of the original. The Sky Hook comes with a similar decal. I think that's a nice touch.

That decal is designed for the Rocket-Stand that Semroc offer , it comes with a small plate at the front of the stand , where that decal is placed.
-Karl

Originally posted by DPatell

Oooops... Gotta fix that. Should be 1 parachute. 3 might be just a touch overkill!

John (not Jon) Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

Back