2.4X Upscale Estes MK-109

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rocketmaniac - This is coming together really well! I like the idea of removable and modular motor mounts, and I have been considering scaling up your design for a bigger rocket. Looks like it would work very well!

I can't wait to see a picture of this rocket completed!

I just got the custom decals from Tango Papa Decals....... They look great....... It's time to get back to work with this project....

Here's pic of the decals with the orginal Mk-109 on top!

Well, 2 years later...... I am really starting to work on this project. I've decided to just put in a standard 29mm motor mount and not mess with the interchageable motor mount.

I'll have some pictures later tonight.

Why the change in heart with the interchangeble MMT? It all looked to be coming together perfectly.

I was also looking forward to seeing how it worked. Some day I will bring down (to O'burg) my 3" Der Red Max that I made a home made interchangeble mount for so we can compare notes. I'll tell you this it is not even close to being as slick as the one you built for this rocket.

When do you think you'll be fly it? I'd like to be there to see it.

Todd

Originally posted by Hogan3276
Why the change in heart with the interchangeble MMT? It all looked to be coming together perfectly.

The interchangable MMT has not been thrown out the window. I just decided not to use it for this rocket. I just got a "wild hair" and decided I wanted to have this rocket ready for our next launch. And I didn't know if I could have the interchangable MMT ready.

Some day I will bring down (to O'burg) my 3" Der Red Max that I made a home made interchangeble mount for so we can compare notes. I'll tell you this it is not even close to being as slick as the one you built for this rocket.

Sounds good to me. What different motor mount configurations do you have in your interchangable MMT?

When do you think you'll be fly it? I'd like to be there to see it.

March 11th or 12th is my plan. :D

(pic tonight, I promise)

I almost hate to admit it...its a long story but the bottom line was - it was my first mid-power rocket (it became my L1 Cert Rocket). I had only been flying for about 2 months at that point and I didn't know that you could buy or build a reducer to use smaller motors. So I made an interchangable MMT so that I could fly the rocket on 24mm and 29mm motors.

Some day I want to go back and make a cluster mount as well.

Will you be there both Sat and Sun this month? I can only come down on Sunday?

Will you be there both Sat and Sun this month? I can only come down on Sunday?

Yes, I'll be there both days.

Here is the picture I promised the other day. All I need to do is epoxy the launch lug and then start painting it. (I don't like painting the color white)

I'm pretty much done with this rocket now. She is all painted and I put the decals on this morning. A clear coat or two this afternoon and she'll be ready for Saturday's launch.

Randy, that turned out great!!!!

Looking forward to seeing it this weekend.

I had another idea (Rocketmaniac gets an evil grin on his face).

I have 2 pieces of 5.5" body tube and they would make a perfect 5X upscale of the Estes MK-109!!! :D. With a 54mm or maybe even a 75mm motor mount?

I launched this rocket on Sunday. She flew on a G77R-M. It was a great flight, too bad I missed the launch pic. Now on to my next project. :D

Back