2-29mm Crayon

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowhunter

Reaction score
Well its time to give my Crayon a little more uuummmpppp here is the fin can for it it is just tacked together to test fit then the epoxy comes out

next time i would suggest putting the 2 29s right next to each other, that way if only one ignites, or one ignites sooner, you will have a straighter flight path

What Ryan said.

Is that all G10 CR's and fins!?!? WOW, playing with some cool stuff;)

Got myself 3 crayons the other day, but haven't started on anything yet, can't decide what motor configuration to use.

I'm going to build 2 rockets with them; a 1 crayon rocket, and a 2 crayon rocket.
I might just have to steal the CRAMRAAM idea. ;)

Do you think 1 crayon would fly on a D or E motor?
If not, I can always cluster.

Love your work Bowhunter. :)

Tim

Why yes it is all G-10 I havent ever tried a singal D or E but Tim look at this

Oh Tim steal away on CRAMRAAM

I was gonna put them next to each other but I want to see the effects it has if is different like bigger flame a larger fatter smoke trail but i got my ignitor making down good so i shouldnt have any probs

Wow, that looks good with 5 motor mounts, nice fit.
Talk about lots of smoke and flame. :D

Tim

Can you buy crayons or do you have to scratch them. If you can buy them, can I have a link to the website?? Thanks

where did you get that G10, it is more yellow than I have seen

Bowhunter....how about writing reviews of your crayon fleet for EMRR?

Originally posted by karatekicker271
Can you buy crayons or do you have to scratch them. If you can buy them, can I have a link to the website?? Thanks

https://www.ralphco.com/ is where you can get them online, however, shipping will set you back almost as much as the crayon itself!

Your best bet is to find your way to you local Toys'R'Us. $6 & no shipping!

BTW, mine was pretty heavy with just a single 38mm MMT tube...(even before I added ~8oz of noseweight!) I would think it to be waaaay too much for a single D12. With the forementioned noseweight, Crayons fly EXTREMELY well with a Pro38 I205 :eek: :cool: :D

Originally posted by karatekicker271

I got mine at Toys R Us. $5 each. They only had 3, now they have none. :)

Tim

if you build light - yellow glue, 1/8" ply for fins and MMT rings, 1/8" elastic for shock cord - crayons will fly great on 29mm F, like F25-4 or F40. I tried our blue one on an E and the result wasn't pretty. but with 29mm MMT it can go all the way up to H128 and then it really rocks!

I built mine heavy in the butt end and added a huge bolt for nose weight. It flew nicely on H's and probably could take an I. I'd also go for a G125. AT -- PLEASE bring out a high avg impulse G for the new 38mm casing!

speaking of heavy ... this weekend we are going to build a 38mm crayon with PML Pterodactyl style fins. according to rocksim it is going to need 10 oz of nose weight to fly with a J350 but I think it's gonna rock!!! at that level a little ballast helps the coast phase anyways. woo hoo!!

Ill work on an review for it but i decided that this fin can just gave CRAMRRAM a boost in the pants as soon as i get some motors Im gonna fly it and Ill have pics and more pics of it

I know this should be in a nother place but i got a away to make fins ill post pics when i know its for shure (fiberglass)

Back