1st f motor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corpse

Reaction score
just made my 1st F motor rocket
can someone do a roc sim on it for me

its made for
BT - 70
68 inch long

and running on a 24 mm econojet F21-8w motor

how much nose wight do i need ?

all input welcome

thanks
Jim

Considering it's length, I doubt you will need any extra weight in the nose. But, that's just a guess on my part.

Same here, with that length I would be very surprised if any noseweight is needed, In fact I would be willing to bet it is already over stable,

Ill rocksim it for you tomorow morning and give you projected altitudes ect, but you will have to PM me a few details. From what I figure , it wont need any nc weight.
-Karl

corpse,

In the words of the late Alan Shepard, "Light this candle!"

sandman

Corpse,

Attached is a RockSim 5 file that should be close, since I dont have the details. You should expect an altitude around 1200 ft. AGL and you don't need any added nose weight.

I you want a better simulation file you need to post the details such as fin and nose cone measurements, launch lug location, and motor mount, parachute and other internal details.

Do you have a thrust curve file for the econojet F21-8w? I had to use a F24-7 which is similar..

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

I forgot to mention that the above is a RockSim version 5 file that can be opened with the demo version of the software.

thanks for the info.
only about 1200 feet. thats to low
maybe i'll stick that F in may Executioner
how high will that thing go ?

I ran a few RockSim simulations; the Estes Executioner should reach about 1000 ft AGL on an F motor.

When one considers opening a video by two guys named....CORPSE and VICIOUS....:eek: :eek: maybe one should CLEAR the room first....or wait till LATE AT NIGHT!!!!;) GOOD VIDEOS GUYS!!!! Your rockets ROCK and the camera work is EXCELLENT!!! :D How much damage do the rockets sustain coming in from those heights on streamers?

very little damage

its fixed allready

i forgot the parachute.

billEblurzz

if you think those ROCKED what tell the next vidoes
by CORPSE and VICIOUS

VICIOUS is going with a 3 F21-w4 cluster

thats going to ROCK!

will keep you posted

Back