1967 AMROCS Omega

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jqavins

Слава Україні
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Someone over here mentioned ninfinger.org* as a source of old old rocket catalogs, so I went and took a look. Browsing through the small makers' catalogs I came across the AMROCS Omega. That is a sexy bird that I might just have to clone.

Has anyone done this one, or seen it done?

* Is that Nin like ninny finger, or Nine finger like you've lost one to stupid launch practices?

correction, after READING the description, would be an interesting 3 stage.

I do like having lots of surface area on the boosters for tumble recovery.

Last edited:
Also, keep in mind that the three motors will keep the CG lower than one might expect. I've yet to do it up in RS, but it may well not have an excessive stability margin (because of the low CG). The sustainer alone doesn't seem to have over sized fins.

Someone over here mentioned ninfinger.org* as a source of old old rocket catalogs, so I went and took a look. Browsing through the small makers' catalogs I came across the AMROCS Omega. That is a sexy bird that I might just have to clone.

Has anyone done this one, or seen it done?

* Is that Nin like ninny finger, or Nine finger like you've lost one to stupid launch practices?
Most of my builds of late are Ninfinger or YORP Rocketry Publication based. Some companies there is very little info available aside from the scanned catalogs. It's a great way to bring something to the pads that has seldom been seen before.

Oh it's not just eyesim. The catalog page gives diameter and length, and I can scale other dimensions from those. Unless:
  • Someone's already got the information, or
  • Experience shows that the design sucks.
And yes, I want to. I want to add another project to my large and growing virtual build pile.

Back