1958 Plastic Jupiter C

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DynaSoar

Reaction score
I bought a completed Hawk Jupiter C model over 40 years old, and converted it to fly. I then bought a brand new Glencoe version of the same thing and am in the process of building and converting it. IMO, the Hawk version is better because the molds which Glencoe uses are apparently old and warped. Things don't fit right. Still, this model is made in such a way that conversion is easy and obvious. If anyone else wishes to try their hand at it, someone is selling a "new" 1958 Hawk version on eBay:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1194&item=3187713200&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Does that Ebay auction say he is selling the Box only or am I reading it wrong?

Yep jus looks like the box here too. :eek:
-Karl

Originally posted by DynaSoar
You're right. Sorry all.

Finally, I get to make good. I found another 1958 (or so) Hawk model unbuilt and bought it. Hopefully this one will go together better than the Glencoe version.

Dyna:
The Glenco Jupiter-C makes a fine conversion, especially for someone new to PMC. I highly recommend piciking up the 8 ot 10 buck Glenco, instead of spending big bucks for a collector plasic kit. A little care and the out of round body fits up fine around the body tube.
Actually Glenco's Explorer-I makes an interesting conversion as well, tho a bit more difficult.

Originally posted by Micromister
Dyna:
The Glenco Jupiter-C makes a fine conversion, especially for someone new to PMC. I highly recommend piciking up the 8 ot 10 buck Glenco, instead of spending big bucks for a collector plasic kit. A little care and the out of round body fits up fine around the body tube.

Actually, I already did the Glencoe. First I got an already built Hawk and converted it, then the Glencoe and did a better job of it, except the parts fit together poorly. Apparently they bought the molds along with the rights and have used them until they're shot.

The one I have coming is what the collectors are after, but I managed to find it coming from someone who was selling it as old, not "vintage". I got it for $11 including shipping.

And now I have two missileman lapel pins!

11 bucks! your are a very lucky man!!! I've seen that vintage kit, going or as high as 130.00. That's in perfect condition of course but it you got it for 11.00 I sure would be taking it to the next Plastic model show our listing it to the "collectors companies" like C.A.Hood or John F. Green models... Not e-bay. you maybe richer then you think:D

Back