18 mm 3 stage

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. :eyepop:

I set all the finishes to "polished" and got another 500' out of it. :)

Would you need to do something special to mount the 1mm fins to the BT? That's not a lot of surface area to hold on.

You should definitely build this, and take a lot of good pictures of it *before* you launch.

Wow. :eyepop:

I set all the finishes to "polished" and got another 500' out of it. :)

Would you need to do something special to mount the 1mm fins to the BT? That's not a lot of surface area to hold on.

You should definitely build this, and take a lot of good pictures of it *before* you launch.

Yea....thats the reason I designed this...i bet i could build it for under 20 dollars (not including motors, since i already have them). I just need a set of Bt-20s, a set of NC-20s, and a sheet of 1 mm plywood, all which i can get at my local hobby store for under 15$. I already have all of the other supplies so building it should be easy.

And no, i think wood glue would be sufficent for holding the fins on. Every time I've built a rocket Ive had the fin fail before the bond.

I tried the optimization and it added a few more feet with nose weight down to about .25 oz. Currently simming at 4299 ft and 504 mph (!).

This is fun! :)

I tried the optimization and it added a few more feet with nose weight down to about .25 oz. Currently simming at 4299 ft and 504 mph (!).

This is fun! :)

Ya, and since you can build it for less than 15$ that makes it even more fun! :)

But dont the motors have to be touching each other to light each other?

You can gap stage if you add vents to the top of each booster. Those vents will add a bit of drag if course and cut into your 4000' flight. ;)

Back