15 minutes of fame -- My Shrox SHX-15B in SR mag.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianc

Reaction score
Got my Nov/Dec issue of Sport Rocketry magazine in the mail
today...

I was surprized to find my ugly mug staring back at me when I
opened the cover. :)

Lot's of great NARAM-46 coverage and pictures!

Way to go Brian! That was the very first thing I saw when I opened my magazine when it appeared in my mailbox today. Congrats--you're a celebrity ;)

BTW, I'd like to get an up close look-see at that Shrox X15B of yours too. Nice.

AGAIN with the SR magazine!:mad:

WHY do I get mine 2 weeks AFTER everyone else does?:mad:

I think rocketry proves the hoary old adage:

<i>If you love something set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours; if it doesn't it never was. </i>

I think there's something in there about trees, too, but I can never remember...

Not to hijack this thread....but...

Just last month we welcomed a new member into the fold...

This month he's on the cover of "Sport Rocketry"...!!!

Is that like... Cool or What...???

Awesome! Congrats Brian! I bet that was a thrill to see your bird in SPR mag. :D

Originally posted by sandman
AGAIN with the SR magazine!:mad:

WHY do I get mine 2 weeks AFTER everyone else does?:mad:

Same here........Must be the paddling down the bayou that takes the mailman longer to deliver here.

Originally posted by Cajunman06
Same here........Must be the paddling down the bayou that takes the mailman longer to deliver here.

We've even got ours over here in the UK ;)

Mine just arrived and I opened it on the way from the mail box.

It opened to page 5 the NARAM 46 title page and someone got a fantastic liftoff shot of my Starship Excalibur!

Here is my finished build pic.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=103526

Look at the pic closely...the flaw on the rear of the upper fin tip cone had me baffled...it's actually a reflection of the decal!:D

Shiny!!:)

Originally posted by Steward
Not to hijack this thread....but...

Hijack away! ;) And that goes for anyone else getting their 15-minutes!

If I'd been thinking, I would have come up with a better subject, instead of
making it all about me...

And yes that IS Soooo COOL to make the cover.

After looking through my latest issue I have come up with the same beef I always have.

They list the first four places in the Sport Scale competition but never do they post pics of ALL the entrys!

Would it be THAT difficult to get all the first four place winning models side by side for a group shot?

Especially the 4th place in C Division...I believe that Bruce, you built one of my Little Joe II kits and entered it.

4th place is not to shabby against those veterans!

It opened to page 5 the NARAM 46 title page and someone got a fantastic liftoff shot of my Starship Excalibur!

Look at the pic closely...the flaw on the rear of the upper fin tip cone had me baffled...it's actually a reflection of the decal!:D

That someone would be me.

I am somewhat surprised that Tom used that shot for a full page since I did not give him very many pixels to work with.

What you are seeing may merely be artifacts from enlarging the image. The original is clearer. If your modified Tres is the silver one with the tail cone, I also have a couple of shots of that. The overcast and haze made photography difficult and the rocket itself does not appear very clearly, but the laser beams from the engine flames are outstanding. Talk about reflecting off of silver paint...

Give me an e-mail address where you can receive about 1 meg of binaries and I'll send them over.

Bill

Bill,

Man, YEA!! I saw those laser beams and I was hoping somebody caught a pic of it...

Send me a high res of it to
[email protected]

PLEASE!

That would be so cool!

Thanks!

atleast it's in color again,, will it continue to be in color or is it just this issue?

I sent Jim a higher res pic of this but I had to share this with yoos guys!

The tail cone idea for a Tres IS a good idea!!

Not as spectacular as Carl's smoky motors but...I have friggin' laser beam effects!!:D

The silver on the tail cone REALLY backs up the exhaust!

Storms were moving in and the sky was darkening fast so there was an exadurated effect from the light of the exhaust.

Here is my finished build pic.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=103526

Shiny!!:)

On rereading your post, I see you were talking about the picture you posted instead of the one in Sport Rocketry. Interesting reflection.

Bill

Interesting reflection.

Interesting NOTHING!!:eek:

I was ready to grab the sandpaper and filler and start over!

It freaked me out!;)

I scare easily.

Back