13mm motors...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pr_rocket04

Reaction score
I just got into the downsized scene and saw on Rocsim that there are B and C impulse 13mm motors available as oppose to the A's you find everywhere. Does anyone know where to find the higher power 13mm's at on the net?

The were sold by Apogee, but they are out of production.

yeah i know, i would've liked to get a couple of those puppes. they really need to boost production on the apogee medalist F10 and E6 motors. i know aerotech manufactures them, but man, they're way behind. i keep emailing for updates, but no word. the 13mm is something they definately should bring back into production.

Apogee now shows the E6 and F10 as backordered, no sign of the smaller ones. These all were costly back then, they will be thru the roof when they reappear.

they've been "backordered" or like 6 months now. lol. they did get one lot in a couple months ago, which went FAST. i saw a guy at the CMASS launch with about 6 E6's. those motors are sweet.

It won't be too long but I know a guy that is going to release 13mm EX casings. They come in C,D and E power sizes. They run on sugar or Wimpy Red propellant. I think he was going to have them ready for Christmas.

Edward

It just means that at one point at least, he was thinking about offering these two. That's all. My point being the 13mm ones aren't even 'on backorder'.

Originally posted by pr_rocket04
I don't know if you guys have looked here: https://www.v-serv.com/usr/rr13mm.htm

But my interest is disposables, as I want to make minimum diameter 13mm's that I might never get back.

I'd be surprised if they were ever made, there's a lot of vaporware on that site. A 10 second burn D2 will cook the case - there's no way you can get enough insulation in a 13 mm case.

I've been making 13 mm C20 and D40 motors for several years as EX motors. With a CNC lathe, it's easier to make aluminum cases and reloads than single use. The tubing is about $2.00 per foot so the material cost is low enough to consider them disposable. I have several C cases, closures, and nozzles left. I'll have to wait until I get the lathe out of storage before I make more D cases.

i saw a 15 second D motor on that site...lol, they also have a C.7...notice the (.). that wouldnt even lift itself, let alone another rocket. its not even 2 tenths of a lb of thrust. lol.

Back