12V Launch Controller interest

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you use for connection?

• polystyrene rods

• Plastic rivets

• Screws

• Friction fit

• Other, please clarify

• polystyrene rods

• Plastic rivets

• Screws

• Friction fit

• Other, please clarify

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dbarrm

Reaction score
I’m sending out this feeler to see if anyone would be interested in a 12V Launch Controller that has a continuity test of less then 3ma. This launch controller should work any igniter without setting it off during the continuity test. Most launch controllers on the market have a much higher continuity current draw and are not useable with some igniters. What im trying to do is make mine so it will work with everything on the market today. If you would be interested please let me know.

Dan

If I needed one, this would definately interest me. I currently have an Estes Command Control modified to use a 12v battery, and it works great for everything. When the battery is *charged*, it works perfectly on everything.

You do have a good plan in making sure it works with everything on the market.

Jason

OOH...here's an idea for you! Release a "Clustering Starter Kit" that would include your 12v controller and one of your clip whips so that you could be a one-stop-shop for a newbie to clustering!

Jason

I'd be interested. A guy on EBAY a while back sold controllers (which were kind of cheesy) and sold quite a few of them. I would be interested in what they look like as well.

I don't think I'll need a clip whip;)

my answer would be: yes (sort of)

I will be building a 12V-powered, relay-at-the-pad launcher-----one of these days. It will be a multi-pad launcher, and it will stand up off the ground at a proper distance so my old bones don't have to bend down into the dirt to hook up igniters.

Instead of a completed launch system, I would be interested in electrical components (if you can get them at a good price)

Back