12 Days of Estes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to jump on the Star Orbiter... Also grabbed 3" and 4" body tubes... I am planning to upscale a few of the kits I have made. Maybe 3" Bomarc but I also bet that a 3" TB-3 would be popular. I need to get some thicker plywood...
What happened to your X-15 project?

What happened to your X-15 project?
I kept zippering my tube -- maybe I need a shock chord instead of Kevlar but I think I was not getting the ejection timing correct (OR the model was too heavy). I bought some composite engines to play with thrust to weight ratios and was also going to experiment with 3D printed top / bottom fins to see if I can get them lighter than the plywood ones. Got sidetracked on some other builds though...

Other Estes potential Fragrance names.

GOOD:
  • Illusion
  • Firehawk
  • Journey
  • Chiller
  • Xtreme
  • Savage
  • Viking
  • Honest John
  • Show Stopper
  • Side-Kick
  • Checkmate
  • Interceptor
  • Odyssey (Is this a fragrance already?)
  • Expedition

BAD:
  • Mars Snooper
  • Mini Blaster
  • Orange Bullet
  • Vesta Intruder
  • Low Boom
I genuinely laughed out loud at this, well done sir.

I just got a shipping notice for my order on Monday too. I can't complain about 2 rockets and a pack of D motors for $16. What a deal! I wonder what the mystery kit will be?

I wonder what the mystery kit will be?
I'm guessing it's something no-frills from the "beginner" skill level. If so, I'll put it together, fly it once, then donate it to the local NAR club's "take it/fly it" pile, an enjoyable enough experience for a free rocket. If it's something fancier, then it's an even better deal than what was already an absolute steal (especially for those of us who were able to stack an additional 25% off and get free shipping :cool: ).

I'm guessing it's something no-frills from the "beginner" skill level. If so, I'll put it together, fly it once, then donate it to the local NAR club's "take it/fly it" pile, an enjoyable enough experience for a free rocket. If it's something fancier, then it's an even better deal than what was already an absolute steal (especially for those of us who were able to stack an additional 25% off and get free shipping :cool: ).
Someone got a Luna...

i do not like them
in a tree
or on a roof
or in the sea

I do not like CATOs and chuffs
I do not like the wind that gusts
I do not like a drift so far
I do not like to be called a BAR

I would like launching anywhere
In weather that is oh so fair
I want clusters that always light
Because we do this for the flight

My shipment from Estes is coming in two boxes -- one going UPS and one going USPS... I guess the pro-series 3" and 4" tubes needed their own package...
That's odd. I ordered two of the 4" tubes and it came along with the (I forgot...ordered so much damn rocket stuff lol) other rocket stuff in a large box.

My shipment from Estes is coming in two boxes -- one going UPS and one going USPS... I guess the pro-series 3" and 4" tubes needed their own package...
possibly "engines may be shipped separately..." ?

regarding this sale in general, pretty awesome stuff but i already have most everything they're pimping. got a green egg and a rtf blue origin on the cheap from hobbylinc a couple months ago, mars snUber still sittin in a box, couldn't resist the m104 steal with free engines so now i have 3 of those i think, and most everything else in the catalog <29mm. i do 'need' the nike stuff, though. c'mon Estes, make pappy happy!

Last edited:
I do not like CATOs and chuffs
I do not like the wind that gusts
I do not like a drift so far
I do not like to be called a BAR

I would like launching anywhere
In weather that is oh so fair
I want clusters that always light
Because we do this for the flight
I do not like when they go thud
I do not like them in the mud

day 12; red nova, engines, and junk. not seein' a glut of sales on this one. 60 bucks will get you a pretty cool vintage roc on ebay.

I wonder what the mystery kit will be?
Like Wolf, I received a 'free' Leaper model.

I think Leapers were 60% off earlier during the sale. Estes must have a bunch of these and wants to get them out of the warehouse/inventory.

Back