12 Days of Estes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess the "mystery rocket" give-away is no longer a mystery when most of them are Leapers. I now have 6 - anyone want to take some off my hands?
Yeeaaaah. I got the Star Orbiter today and also another Leaper lol.

Starting a Leaper colony on Mars soon.

I guess the "mystery rocket" give-away is no longer a mystery when most of them are Leapers. I now have 6 - anyone want to take some off my hands?
Take them to a club launch and give them to kids. You never know what seeds you'll plant. We need to attract youth into the hobby and this just might help.

My body tube and nose cone order arrived with the box not having been taped shut well enough to stay shut and the resulting loss of structure promoting the box getting mangled. A tube and a coupler were junk, although at least everything stayed in the box, surprisingly. Waiting for Estes CS to respond.

Leaper package was beat up pretty good, but who cares?

Last edited:
My body tube and nose cone order arrived with the box not having been taped shut well enough to stay shut and the resulting loss of structure promoting the box getting mangled. A tube and a coupler were junk, although at least everything stayed in the box, surprisingly. Waiting for Estes CS to respond.

two of the long boxes they shipped me were same; top punched in. enough green packing balloons to protect the product but not the box top. some damage to leaper package. dang, there goes the resale value...

My freebie rocket was a Swift, an actually desirable rocket. I was hoping that it wouldn't be a leaper but I figured it would be. Now, if the two BT-80's I ordered hadn't been crushed it would have been awesome. I know Estes will take care of me, I just ordered some extra parts on free shipping day.

Last edited:
thinkin' the leaper would make for a mighty fine bobber. can always use another one of those.

just got my 4th package.. der max, catalog, 'greatest customer ever' card from Jackie (whose handwriting is calligraphy... i hope karen is paying attention),...and... (drum roll)......... A BRAND NEW LEAPER!! that's 3 for me.

Last edited:
Received my last order from the sale, mystery rocket was another leaper. But no ornament nor pins were included in any of my orders, which others received. Funny since all my orders were in separate boxes - one box for the original order and a separate box for the mystery rocket.

Pretty cool deal today...free lapel pin and also free rocket gift (ornament I think). Can also get an extra pin for each extra set order.

View attachment 550086

Received my last order from the sale, mystery rocket was another leaper. But no ornament nor pins were included in any of my orders, which others received. Funny since all my orders were in separate boxes - one box for the original order and a separate box for the mystery rocket.
Was it ordered during the Mars Snooper holiday sale? That's the one with the free pin.
In my case, I ordered two, but only saw the pin quantity listed as "1" in the order form, but I they did send two pins.

If you'd like one and don't end up getting it from Estes, just PM me and I'll send one to you.

20221220_112205.jpg

Ken - very kind of you. Maybe coming in a separate shipment - we'll see. Appreciate the offer, but I'll pass for now. I guess it was random the swag people got - I just happen to hit the Mars Leaper multiple times - lucky me! :)

@OC-Patrick i got 4 packages in total, 3 leapers and a swift were the 'mystery' rocs, and 1 xmas ornament. i didn't buy the snooper so no pin. the ornament was only offered on a couple days of the 12 days thing, so not random.

I loved this sale; great discount and free motors and rocs and stuff, however, i don't think i'm exaggerating when i say that 'mystery' in Estes-ese means "the old stock no one wants," like rtf launch kits and styrofoam rockets. when they have something good to offer, they tell you what it is.

Just received one of my Estes orders.

Yup, Leaper.

The sale on the Star Orbiter included a free 29/24mm adapter. That's part of what tipped me over to ordering it. But I got an email that they ran out of the adapter, and will send it later. That's got to hurt - postage on an extra package for what was a small order.

Hans.

Back