12 Days of Estes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The heat of the ejection charge will melt or blow off the styrofoam head.
I use plugged mini motors (A10-PT) instead.
A friend of mine was talking to a local hobby shop owner.
He said that these are just sitting on the shelf.
Nobody's buying them.

I made a second order to Estes during their 12 Days of Christmas sale (That Star Orbiter plus accessories offer was too good to pass up).

The 'Mystery/Free' kit was another Leaper. :(

Estes must have a million of these things in their warehouse. :rolleyes:

Am I the only one here that hopes I get a Leaper?

Probably. I got a Leaper but am keeping it packaged and giving it away the next club meeting. It really is a POS (IMHO). I won't give it to a kid - maybe not even a friend. However, there is the inkling in my mind that upscaling it might give some gratification.

Shops are still asking $51.95 AUD ($35 US) here. :oops:
They are all over the place on this side of the world. Amazon was $7 ish when I checked. Others are priced from 10 to 25. There is a slight smell of fish about that model. I watched some videos of it and it was a bit erratic.

I got a leaper with the Spacex order. I already got 2 leapers when they were on sale at Hobby Lobby. I made two other orders during the 12 days sale which are coming in any day now - hope the free rockets are not leapers also...

just got package numba 2; star orbiter, pack of Ds, adapter, catalog, and free leaper! was a great deal before the free 'roc', so i'm happy i got one. imma light it up real good, farm film report style. disappointed i didn't get a 'packed by' card, though. s'matta zoe... writers cramp?

Got a Box from Estes last evening..... Somehow my Mars Snooper got to me before the Star Orbiter, which I ordered earlier. Maybe that was because I added extra stuff to the Mars Snooper order to bring the total to $50 so I could get the free shipping? Dunno. Tracking number says the Star Orbiter will get to me today before 9pm. ANYHOW, got a "Leaper" with the Snooper. My first ever Leaper! WOW, I am so underwhelmed. Clearly, Estes has a few thousand of these sitting in a warehouse and they need to get rid of them. The Lapel Pin is nice though.

I will give away the Leaper at my next launch event to anyone who wants it.
Maybe I should hold on to it for collector value. I mean, if everyone is throwing them away now, in 20 years, .... ah nevermind. I have no desire to keep this thing.

Back