Unfortunately it wasn't the flight we wanted. BUT, we still successfully flew and recovered a monster of a rocket.
I got cold feet once we were at the launch and decided that maybe I should let someone with more experience handle the igniters. There was obviously an issue of some sort that caused only 4 of the 7 motors to light. I place no blame - these things happen. We are still a bit baffled as to what the exact cause was. Unfortunately the pad cam overheated so we don't have a shot of ignition. We do know that all of the igniters fired. When we recovered the rocket, one of the dowels was still inside one of the outboards. The igniter had fired, but there appeared to be incomplete combustion of the composition. There is soot inside the cores of the unburned motors as well.
Like Braden said, we plan to try again with the same motor configuration next April at the Argonia Cup/Kloudburst launch.
The best part of the launch was definitely seeing the 28' chute being pulled out of the custom fruity chutes deployment bag and gracefully open! (Watch Jason's video above to see the action) The boys were relying on my experience with deployment bags, so I was happy I didn't let them down. I think I have Braden sold on deployment bags now too
Carrying the booster through the field with 50lbs of unburned motors in the rear was NOT fun, I'll tell you that! haha