10mm Makerbeam - for micro rail buttons

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

BEC

Reaction score
Well....I got one flight off the rail yesterday. It was very straight and a little higher than I'd been getting on that particular model/motor. But a wimpy ejection charge made it the only flight off the rail.... :(

This was the 50th, and I think final, flight on this model.
IMG_2789.JPG

Yes, I know, one could fix this. But I have another one already built and as yet unflown. I think I will just start flying that one. I will salvage a few parts from this one, I am sure.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
Well....I got one flight off the rail yesterday. It was very straight and a little higher than I'd been getting on that particular model/motor. But a wimpy ejection charge made it the only flight off the rail.... :(

This was the 50th, and I think final, flight on this model.View attachment 416969

Yes, I know, one could fix this. But I have another one already built and as yet unflown. I think I will just start flying that one. I will salvage a few parts from this one, I am sure.
That is repairable.

BEC

Reaction score
Yeah, Chick, I know. And the more I look at that picture (and the model itself) the more I say "why not"? Ruining that first-version Nova Payloader decal is one of the sadder losses. I do have waterslides from the most recent bulk-only reissue that AC Supply carries. The tubing, and a coupler to go inside for joint between the kept and replaced sections are also on hand.

But as I say I have another, finished in April of 2019, that is ready to take over the position in the rotation of regular flyers.

tOD

Sinking in the quicksand of HPR
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Drilled and tapped my Alien Interceptor with 2-56 tap for the micro rail buttons. Worked OK. I'll probably add some blue loctite. Tried them on the 10mm maker beam, they are a little "drag-y" in the slot. I wiped the slot with some acetone and got some gunk off. Still feels a little rough.

tOD

Sinking in the quicksand of HPR
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! That's sort of what I had in mind. I don't need the rods though, I only launch at the club launches and they have a full set. They're slow to adopt the rails, so it would be nice to have a pad I could hook up to their controller.
Received my Jawstand today. It's nice but wasn't quite what I expected. Ordered some material from McMaster to fabricate some brackets to attach 10mm Maker beam and 20mm mini rail. If it works I'll post some photos.