10mm Makerbeam - for micro rail buttons

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well....I got one flight off the rail yesterday. It was very straight and a little higher than I'd been getting on that particular model/motor. But a wimpy ejection charge made it the only flight off the rail.... :(

This was the 50th, and I think final, flight on this model.IMG_2789.JPG

Yes, I know, one could fix this. But I have another one already built and as yet unflown. I think I will just start flying that one. I will salvage a few parts from this one, I am sure.

Well....I got one flight off the rail yesterday. It was very straight and a little higher than I'd been getting on that particular model/motor. But a wimpy ejection charge made it the only flight off the rail.... :(

This was the 50th, and I think final, flight on this model.View attachment 416969

Yes, I know, one could fix this. But I have another one already built and as yet unflown. I think I will just start flying that one. I will salvage a few parts from this one, I am sure.

That is repairable.

Yeah, Chick, I know. And the more I look at that picture (and the model itself) the more I say "why not"? Ruining that first-version Nova Payloader decal is one of the sadder losses. I do have waterslides from the most recent bulk-only reissue that AC Supply carries. The tubing, and a coupler to go inside for joint between the kept and replaced sections are also on hand.

But as I say I have another, finished in April of 2019, that is ready to take over the position in the rotation of regular flyers.

Drilled and tapped my Alien Interceptor with 2-56 tap for the micro rail buttons. Worked OK. I'll probably add some blue loctite. Tried them on the 10mm maker beam, they are a little "drag-y" in the slot. I wiped the slot with some acetone and got some gunk off. Still feels a little rough.

Nice! That's sort of what I had in mind. I don't need the rods though, I only launch at the club launches and they have a full set. They're slow to adopt the rails, so it would be nice to have a pad I could hook up to their controller.
Received my Jawstand today. It's nice but wasn't quite what I expected. Ordered some material from McMaster to fabricate some brackets to attach 10mm Maker beam and 20mm mini rail. If it works I'll post some photos.

Back