10in polecat rocket builds - Goblin, V2, and Bullpup

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NateLowrie

Spark Rocket Labs Team Lead
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I am getting these 3 ready to launch in 10 days and thought I would post some progress.

Here's the 10in Goblin, which is being named "You Naughty Monsters". Hand painted with a awesome paint job by my cousin Arti. All I gotta do is build the K760 and final prep.

IMG_8315.jpg IMG_8314.jpg

IMG_8317.jpg IMG_8316.jpg

I also needed to build some infrastructure. I was lacking good stands and a transport rack. Both are made from Fastpipe. The stand puts the rocket at waist level and holds my Formula 200 easily. I built 2 of them and together they should easily hold the 20' rocket I got planned for the winter.

IMG_8312.jpg

The transport rack is an 8 slot rack. It can hold 8 rocket/rocket sections up to 14 inches in diameter. I can reconfigure it to hold many more smaller rockets if I choose, but for now I have a lot of 8, 10, and 12in diameter birds coming up and need the larger slots. straps down to the floor in my trailer. It can hold 1500 lbs of rocket without breaking a sweat.

IMG_8313.jpg

Last edited:
What is Fastpipe, and where do you get it?

Psyched for 7/22!

Fastpipe is a quick framing system from a US company called Fastcap. https://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/FastPipe-p44266.htm It uses 1in rubber coated metal piping with bolt on connectors. If you have a cut list and call them they will cut the pipe for you before they ship. It ends being about the same price or slightly cheaper than PVC.

I am psyched too for the launch. Just have a lot to do between now and then with the other rockets.

BTW, thanks for the info on the unistrut rail length. I ended up using 2 8' sections for the conversion rail, which is more than enough for my needs.

I am getting these 3 ready to launch in 10 days and thought I would post some progress.

Here's the 10in Goblin, which is being named "You Naughty Monsters". Hand painted with a awesome paint job by my cousin Arti. All I gotta do is build the K760 and final prep.

I also needed to build some infrastructure. I was lacking good stands and a transport rack. Both are made from Fastpipe. The stand puts the rocket at waist level and holds my Formula 200 easily. I built 2 of them and together they should easily hold the 20' rocket I got planned for the winter.

The transport rack is an 8 slot rack. It can hold 8 rocket/rocket sections up to 14 inches in diameter. I can reconfigure it to hold many more smaller rockets if I choose, but for now I have a lot of 8, 10, and 12in diameter birds coming up and need the larger slots. straps down to the floor in my trailer. It can hold 1500 lbs of rocket without breaking a sweat.

Could you post a part list?

Chuck

Could you post a part list?

Chuck

Stand:
  1. Fastpipe
    1. 4 @ 6in <- The 2 V sections that holds the rocket.
    2. 6 @ 12in <- The tripod legs. If you make the stand higher consider making these longer for more stability.
    3. 2 @ 18in <- The upright piece.
    4. 1 @ 30in <- This on determines how far apart the ends are. You could lengthen it.
  2. Connectors
    1. 2 of Tri Connect
    2. 2 of 90 degree intersect <- Use these to connect the cross bar with the 2 tripod sections.
    3. 2 of Outside corner <- Use these for the V

Do you need the transport rack too?

Back