1010 rails joined issue?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdjsky01

Kim's Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 5 foot 1010 rail. I'd like to add a 3' piece using the flat joiners and t nuts 80/20 sell. My question is simple: Will that joint cause an issue? Anyone already extend their rail in such a fashion? Thanks you for your advice.

I have a 5 foot 1010 rail. I'd like to add a 3' piece using the flat joiners and t nuts 80/20 sell. My question is simple: Will that joint cause an issue? Anyone already extend their rail in such a fashion? Thanks you for your advice.
I have extended many rails with flat joiners. It has never caused a problem. I used the 4-hole 10-series joiner plates. The two-hole would probably work as long as it does not have any play once connected.

I have extended many rails with flat joiners. It has never caused a problem. I used the 4-hole 10-series joiner plates. The two-hole would probably work as long as it does not have any play once connected.
Same here, we use the 4 hole plates (3 of them), one on each side and one on the "back" of the rail, and then tighten everything down evenly (kind of like you do lug nuts) to make sure there are no protruding edges.

Same here. I used three plates, but still filed a slight bevel.
The plates on on the outside on the rails and these ensure alignment. Inside are the 4 hole joiners.

Works great and perfect to increase off the rail speed.

Back