1010 rail where to buy ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zog139

Reaction score
I would like to buy some 1010 rail but dont want to pay for shipping if I dont have to. Is this item available to purchase at a hardware store or such ? Never seen it in HD or Lowes ?

Any suggestions ?

I usually buy mine from McMaster-Carr. However the nearest location to you for pickup is in New Jersey at:

200 New Canton Way
Robbinsville, NJ 08691-2343

Ken Holloway
NAR #78336

When I attempted to find an 80/20 dealer from their website, every single local dealer was wrong. Had to call them.

Is there a general guideline as to what size rail to use for a given weight rocket? I've heard of standard rail and extreme rail, but the web sites referenced don't call it that. I have a PR Mongoose 54 which I am assuming would be a standard rail (1010?) and am contemplating an attempt at L3 certification (well, actually I've ordered the PR 7.5" components, so it's just a matter of when :)) which clearly needs a larger rail.

Is there a general guideline as to what size rail to use for a given weight rocket? I've heard of standard rail and extreme rail, but the web sites referenced don't call it that. I have a PR Mongoose 54 which I am assuming would be a standard rail (1010?) and am contemplating an attempt at L3 certification (well, actually I've ordered the PR 7.5" components, so it's just a matter of when :)) which clearly needs a larger rail.
80/20 has a 1010 and 1515 most commonly used in rocketry. 1010 is roughly 1" square, 1515 1.5". The 1010 uses standard sized rail buttons, the 1515 has a larger rail gap. The 1010 works great for smaller rockets. You will find a great deal of debate on 'smaller', anywhere from under 50lbs to under 100lbs. I would not be shocked to hear of someone using 1010 for a L3.

I ordered one from Rocketryworks, cheap but he's closed. Now I'd say eBay or Amazon. I have another 8ft section I got years ago too somewhere in storage from eBay.

Back