1010 or 8020 Rail Base

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIB

Reaction score
I'm building a DIY rail lunch pad. Does anyone have a design or actual base to hold the rail as a base?

Okay, so where do you get the piece that has the slot for the rail?

Apparently I need to make myself clearer I HAVE THE RAIL. WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR IS THE BASE PIECE THAT WOULD HAVE A SLOT THAT WOULD ACCEPT THE RAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mount it however you want. Some people use buttons and a stop, some bolt, some use end attachment. I tapped the hole in the end of mine for a 1/4" bolt and use that as the mount point.

I've seen one with a spike / deflector / lug assembly. Just spike it down and then add the guys.

Our club ones have a hole drilled through and some 1/4" SST pins. The bottom one is what it pivots on and the upper one locks it in vertical.

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

These are club pads and sit in the field 6 months or so. I'm not sure they would be very good for personal use where you set up and take down and haul them around a lot, but you might be able to use a similar attachment method.

You don't need a slot for the rail. If you drill the mating tube for 1/4 holes you can use 1/4-20 carriage bolts. The square heads fit perfectly in the 1010 slot. Just use 2-3 and you'll be fine.

Back