1000th TRF Member

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketmaniac

Reaction score
At the rate we are going, very soon (within a month) we will have 1000 members here at TRF.........(I know some have signed up and have never been back)........ Our forum is growing at a very fast rate...... I think I was number 631 last June........

PS.......

Should we have a special prize for the 1000th member?

Well we could always buy a Mosquito, build it, spray it gold, and mount it on a working launcher/ plaque. Send it to the person, having them buy a 1/2 A motor locally - and have them take a pic of it launching off the plaque.

Call it the TeRriFic Skeeter !

8)

But we need to find a way to provide a motor (if that's what we choose) and have someone else take a photo-----after all, is this going to be a prize or a penalty?

I would chip into a 'pot' to begin collecting prize stuff for our 1K man (person?). The money could go toward buying a TRF shirt, or a NAR membership, or any number of things. If someone will volunteer to take the point, I will also mail in some kits to go into the package. If most of us chip in something in the way of a small prize, this could end up being a giant prize-pot for someone!

At the rate folks have been joining TRF, we are likely to reach 1,000 in about one month?

Dang..if that comes to fruition, you may see Silverleaf disappear and be reborn as the Martian Thug. :D

A T-shirt would be a nice gesture, with the words " 1000th member " written on it.

Silverleaf, I would like to think that this bunch of fine, upstanding people would not stoop so low as to game the system?

Anyway, I just noticed that (for whatever reason) the rest of my post didn't make it. What I meant to say was:
At the rate folks have been joining TRF, we are likely to reach 1,000 in about one month? If we are really gonna do this, we had better get this thing organized. Sorry, I would volunteer to be "it" but I am currently up to my eyeballs in ____ . Anyone else?

ok, so I want a t-shirt for being somewhere between 631 and 1000!!

*grin*

(631<me<1000)!

Actually, I'm thrilled to be here!!! A prize unto itself!

OK, I can see the response to my last question was massively underwhelming.
I will go ahead and volunteer to take the point on this IF there are enough of you TRF guys who seriously want to do this. I am thinking along the lines of: if ten (or more) of you want to chip in $5 each, that will be plenty to get a TRF t-shirt, some kits, and maybe a few other goodies ready to ship to the lucky K-man.
If you want to participate, please post a note of your interest here or email directly to '[email protected]' Please wait before sending anything, and I will announce here if we attain a critical mass.

carefull,
you don't want it to become a lottery
with people potentialy using multipule screen names
or other tactics....
remember,If it can happen ,it most likely will
mabey set some guidelines first,than collect the donations
how far away is it ?

Originally posted by stymye
mabey set some guidelines first

I agree, this will have to have some thought put into it, but I am not sure what the "rules" should be (without turning this into a no-fun event)
I am guessing that the TRF moderators can do a quick check of the background info for our new K-man, compare to existing records, and determine if a current TRF-er has simply re-submitted a new user name (a definite no-no, regardless of what other rules we decide on).
OTOH, judging from the lack of attention and posts, maybe there are not ten guys out there who would support this anyway.

Originally posted by powderburner

I will go ahead and volunteer to take the point on this IF there are enough of you TRF guys who seriously want to do this. I am thinking along the lines of: if ten (or more) of you want to chip in $5 each, that will be plenty to get a TRF t-shirt, some kits, and maybe a few other goodies ready to ship to the lucky K-man.

I'm in........

Hi guys. Best suggestion I can offer at this point is to be patient. The mods are constantly thinking up fun ways of paying the membership back. Not all of those ideas happen but some do. In this case, I agree with styme: A public notice that the 1000th member gets a car will get us flooded with bogus new members. So, my suggestion is to just drop this thread. Not that the mods know any more about running a contest than you guys but it may already be in the works. Course, it may not be and that is my official answer. :)

Oh, and if you are a vendor and are reading this thread, please send me an email. :)

Back