1000th member!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueNinja

Reaction score
Congratulations to the 1000th TRF member, csBAR!

What should we do?

Darn.... I was going to tell my dad to join when we got to the 999th member;) Congrats, Csbar, you are the 1000th member! Now, is there a prize? I liked that "golden Mosqito" idea from the other thread! Or maybe someone should make a BT50 size version of the TRF rocket, you know, the one at the top right corner! I think its just clip art, but hey. I think I saw a thread about someone making a model of the TRF rocket..... A lot bigger, though.

He can be the first member over 1000:). That would still be an honor.

Now that the kids have said congrats, where are the adults:p.

Yeah, no kiddin! (no pun intended) You would think the ADULTS would be the ones welcoming another BAR, but no, its us kids!:rolleyes: ;) :p

Now, who will be the 10,000th member???????

I thought we were all kids here, some are just bigger than others.

Congrats to the 1000 member and welcome to the nut house.:D

As for a prize they got that already,,,,, we let them in did'nt we??????????????:p

David

Well, guys, the cat is out of the bag!

Welcome to out 1,000th member!

And.....did anyone notice?

He's from Brazil! Is csBAR our first South American Member?

Let's see now...

We have Members from;

North America...obviously

Europe

I know of at least one from South Africa

Australia...yea OK...and New Zealand!

Now at least 1 from South America

Any from Asia??? Japan maybe?

We need somebody from Antarctica yet...one of those scientists down there must be a BAR.

sandman

While csBAR may deserve some minor congrats, it's milo and the moderators who deserve the recognition for keeping this great forum up long enough to gather 1000 members :cool:

We need somebody from Antarctica yet...one of those scientists down there must be a BAR.

yeah, he's the one that started the "ever fly in truly freezing weather" thread!! and to think it's summer down there!

I believe he is!

Thanks admins and mods for keeping the forum up and running!

Well, one of our high school science teachers has done some trips to antartica for science, and he uses Alphas and A8-3s for trig, so if we could get him to join TRF.....

S'pose your right to a point when you say were all kids, at least at heart! Once you start finding grey hairs you cant really call yourself a kid anymore....:p :D

Originally posted by Neil
Once you start finding grey hairs you cant really call yourself a kid anymore....:p :D
I guess I stop being a kid in High School then. :(

Sheesh! man, *this* thread lit up like a Christmas tree! :)

I think we should let the admins decide on how to handle it. csBAR hasn't even posted yet. relax folks, relax... :)

heck, he/she 's gonna wonder what all the fuss is about :p

Wait!!!

In his profile it says that csBAR is from Brazil...

Does anyone here speak Portuguese?

sandman

but I can't figure out how you guys are measuring the membership roster. I have been going to the 'members' page and clicking on 'top ten posters' (which lists ten people per page) and then clicking on 'last' to see the end of the list. By my count, csBar is number 944? What did I do wrong?

Originally posted by rabidsheeep
has he posted yet?

Not yet, let's try not to scare him off.......:D

Anyway..... Welcome csBar.......

Originally posted by sandman
Wait!!!

In his profile it says that csBAR is from Brazil...

Does anyone here speak Portuguese?

sandman

Cumprimentos! Você é o 1000th membro de TRF. Boa vinda!

(<a href="https://www.worldlingo.com/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html">Online Translator</a>) ;)

Check at the bottom of the home page of TRF. Theres something that says "welcome to our newest member, CsBAR, #1000" or something. isnt there a translator built into TRF? I think I saw one SOMEWHERE........

Well, OK, Milo, if you are finding greys in high school, I guess that doesent count. WIDE SPREAD greys, and you cant cound yourself a little kid anymore.:rolleyes: :p One kid from my class 3 years ago has this little splotch of grey.... I have no idea how it got there, but I think its real.....:confused:

I can't find any gray hairs, cuz I have no hair to find. Does that mean I get to never grow up? Please?

Check at the bottom of the home page of TRF. Theres something that says "welcome to our newest member, CsBAR, #1000" or something.

Yes, but. When you go to the 'members' screens, it still says over there that we only have 940-something. I really don't care about the numbers, I am just curious why there is a dis-connect (maybe Milo or one of the other mods can answer)

Anyway, we ALL welcome you, csBAR, and look forward to hearing from you! You have joined into what is probably the very best bunch of rocket folks on the web. If English is a second language for you, please don't be afraid to make any posts. You can look at the old posts and see that we let ANYBODY join in!

Quick announcement. Yes, there is a benefit to being the 1000th member. I will announce that later. But we have to verify csBAR is going to be the official 1000th member first. So, the crown is still outstanding. csBAR, if you are reading this, Welcome and please respond so we can crown you member 1000. :)

As with any forum we have issues with spammers creating accounts or people creating an account and never coming back. In the case of the spam accounts, we delete them from the members but they stay a closed account and such are added into the count of 1000 but do not display on the members. That is why you see 900+ in the members list but not 1000. Some of that number is also members with 3 or 4 logons that we had to remove in the past. So anyway, one thing we agreed is to go specifically by the number that appears at the bottom of the front page.

And to clarify, Neil, Milo was WIDE SPREAD grey in High School. LOL! He has that sandy color hair. He has been told he looks like Richard Gere. Personally I don't see it but apparently the ladies do. I think he looks more like Elmer Fudd with sandy hair. :)

Originally posted by powderburner
but I can't figure out how you guys are measuring the membership roster. I have been going to the 'members' page and clicking on 'top ten posters' (which lists ten people per page) and then clicking on 'last' to see the end of the list. By my count, csBar is number 944? What did I do wrong?
The forum software is funny in this way. Once you register you are automatically counted toward membership numbers. However I don't think you show up in the Members list until you confirm your membership through the e-mail link. There are currently 56 members unconfirmed.

Let's see 944 + 56... 6 + 4 = 10 carry the one, 5 + 4 + 1 = 10 carry the one, 9 + 1 = 10... hmmmm 1000 members.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Milo
The forum software is funny in this way. Once you register you are automatically counted toward membership numbers. However I don't think you show up in the Members list until you confirm your membership through the e-mail link. There are currently 56 members unconfirmed.

I see, this explains why sometimes I see someone new on the front page but don't see them on the members page........

You're right Powder, they searched high and low for members.

And when they got low enough they found me. :D :D

No grey hairs on me they all WHITE.

David

.. isnt there a translator built into TRF? I think I saw one SOMEWHERE........

EMRR is set up to select a language that you want to view the site in. It is powered by https://babelfish.altavista.com/

If this is free and easy maybe a similar service can be put on TRF?

Hi Rocketeers,

I'm very happy with your reception, but I'm just another BAR :)

I like so much the TRF group because everybody who comes here is
received and assisted with respect by the other members, independently
of the differences in their knowledges.
And people here seems to have pleasure in helping coleagues to succeed
in ther intents.

So, after watching your threads for a couple of months, I decided to
register myself to try to learn more from you and show what we
do here in Brazil.
This hobby almost doesn't exist here in our country and it's not
regulated by laws.
Now we have just registered an association, ANFA, which is intended
to work like your NAR, but it is still giving its first steps in looking
for members.

I returned playing with rockets (after my 15-year old heavy and dangerous
black-powdered ironmade :D water-tube rockets) a year and a half ago, mainly
with PVC KN/sugar and some Estes A/B/C motors, that I was lucky to find
somebody selling here throught the internet.
And for the rockets, we have to make everything here, from paper tubes to
motor-hook, but even so it's very enjoyable, and I found a lot of help in
your forum.
The main problem I face here is to find motors, even the Estes A/B/C.
I also research in making KN/sorbitol propeled motors in an aluminum case,
but the ejection system is still not workin ok... and it will last some
time to get reliable.

So, sorry for the large post and thank you all for the congratulations.

Cesar

Cesar,

Welcome, The availability of rocketry products through the internet should solve most of your problems.

sandman

Thankyou, sandman

But the high income taxes plus transportation turns simple products into high price ones for us.

And I think it's prohibithed to import rocket motors from US,
isn't it?

Cesar

Welcome csBAR! You've found your new internet home :) And congrats on being the 1000th TRF member (a major milestone for the group here)

but, see??? Now that you're here, you have to come back often, or we start talking about you... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back