• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

10.5" dia. 5:1 conical nose cone - for sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsdemar

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
For sale is a 10.5" dia x 54.5" long conical nosecone. The 5:1 ratio matches the Black Brant II. It was made by ScotGlas Manufacturing for a full-scale flying replica of the UP Aerospace Spaceloft XL that launches from Spaceport America in NM. The cone is made to fit 10" nominal Sonotube. ScotGlas list price is $350. (See the end of this page for original pricing).

It has a smooth finish on the outside, without the gelcoat, which will make it easier to prime and paint. It's made from random fiberglass tow and polyester resin. The tip is reinforced with glass-epoxy. The cone weighs about 5 pounds.

I'd like to see someone build an interested project based on this cone. Please email me privately with a reasonable offer if you're interested. jsdemar at gmail dot com.

In the photo, there's an Estes D motor for size comparison. :) The photo was taken in my backyard facing in the general direction of Spaceport America near Las Cruces, NM. Click on the photo for a larger image.

-John

Translucent too! Must be the lighting but in the right photo it appears as if the tip is off center to the right..:confused2:

Translucent too! Must be the lighting but in the right photo it appears as if the tip is off center to the right..:confused2:

Must be the room light vs. outdoor light. The cone is perfectly straight. ScotGlas has a beautiful, big mold (expensive) for making these nosecones. The material and process are similar to making a boat hull, and requires many man-hours.

-John

Back