10/16 Launch Report

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donaldsrockets

Reaction score
Boy, this past Saturday was a great day to fly rockets. Nice and cool and not too much wind.:D

My first flight of the day was my Fliskits Deuce's Wild on two C6-5 motors. Both motors lit for a nice high flight and the trademark smoke trails of this rocket were clearly visible. It was recovered after a moderate walk with no damage.

Next up was my AT HV Arcas on an F40-4W. This was another old reload that took a few seconds to pressurize but once lit, it was fine. Best of all, the rocket came down just a few feet away from the LCO table. Gotta love that!!!:D

I then launched my prototype Art Applewhite Stealth 38mm on an H73J, very nice flight. Recovered nicely using Art's Aerobrake recovery. Unfortunately, I'm still cleaning Blackjack residue off it.:rolleyes:

Next up was my AT G-Force on a G64-4W. All I can say is that I absolutely love the way this rocket flies. Recovered after a moderate walk. Only bad thing is that my 29/40-120 casing was nearly ejected from the rocket. It was found sticking halfway out of the mount.

I then launched my BSD Sprint on the old H180W that I had. I did end up replacing the delay assembly with the newer plus version. My concerns never materialized as the motor lit with no chuffing and burned as if it was made yesterday boosting the Sprint up to about 1,800 feet. Very nice recovery about 50 feet away from the LCO table. Gotta love that too!!!:D :D

My last flight of the day was my AT Strong Arm on an Ellis G35-6 motor. This was the first time I ever used one of these. Turns out they are a pain in the @$$ to light but I loved the 4 second burn. Unfortunately, the delay was a bit on the long side and the chute seperated. The rocket fell sideways and hit the ground a bit on the hard side resulting in a loosened fin but was easily fixed and I also attached a new chute as I did not attempt to go after it.

Overall, it was a great day and I can't wait until next month and I would love to put an H123W in the Stealth this time around.:D

Donald,

Sounds like you had a great time :D We had great weather over on the east coast of Florida this past weekend too...

Those EM G35s are indeed troublesome if not difficult to light, but once they do....my heart goes aflutter during that loooooong burn :cool:

And regarding your Art Applewhite Stealth: stick to the longer burning motors. My 29mm Qubit has had its best flights on the EM G35s. Find the comparable EM 38mm motor for that sucker you've got!

Enjoy,

Originally posted by lalligood
Donald,

Sounds like you had a great time :D We had great weather over on the east coast of Florida this past weekend too...

Those EM G35s are indeed troublesome if not difficult to light, but once they do....my heart goes aflutter during that loooooong burn :cool:

And regarding your Art Applewhite Stealth: stick to the longer burning motors. My 29mm Qubit has had its best flights on the EM G35s. Find the comparable EM 38mm motor for that sucker you've got!

Enjoy,

Yeah, Ellis H48 - 8 second burn!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

Back