1$ at the flea market

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil125

Reaction score
Was at the flea market with my girlfriend and I saw a wad of newspapers shoved in a shelf. I saw they were WII so I asked how much. I got them home and started unrolling :y: Blown away. August 15, 1945 Philly inquirer and record. About 20 pages in all. I wish the front pages were complete but I think I got a pretty good deal for a buck.

As a WWII buff I got a lil excited :D Ran out and got some frames. They will look nice in the man cave.

P1010241.jpg

great find! My uncle is a flea marketeer too. he has an attic full of stuff with barcodes on it and he labels EVERYTHING. I was amazed how much $[stuff] he had but he knew EVERYTHING about it

Ben

Last edited by a moderator:
yep....Great find.

I recently found - in some of my dad's papers - a typed message dated May 9, 1945 to the soldiers of the Third Army, thanking and sumarizing the events and acheivements of the 39 Divisions (one of which my dad was in) that were attached to the Third in their march across Europe into Germany.

It is from some guy named General G.S. Patton.

Did it include the sports section? How did the Phillies and the A's do?

Ran out and got some frames.

Nice find! Those accessories for the thrift finds can add up. I found an old lamp with a clipper ship base at a garage sale for $1, but two small lampshades to match it cost me $28.

Did it include the sports section? How did the Phillies and the A's do?

It was Sunday and Double headers were common on most Sundays.The Phils split on VJ day September 2nd. Both Teams stunk in 1945 finished with horrible records.

The Phils split
09-02-1945 at Boston Braves 3-6 L
09-02-1945 at Boston Braves 5-4 W

The Athletics won a double header
09-02-1945 vs Boston Red Sox 1-0 W
09-02-1945 vs Boston Red Sox 7-2 W

It was Sunday and Double headers were common on most Sundays.The Phils split on VJ day September 2nd. Both Teams stunk in 1945 finished with horrible records.

The Phils split
09-02-1945 at Boston Braves 3-6 L
09-02-1945 at Boston Braves 5-4 W

The Athletics won a double header
09-02-1945 vs Boston Red Sox 1-0 W
09-02-1945 vs Boston Red Sox 7-2 W

I didn't get the sports.

For about 4 decades there the Phillies were awful. They get back this year and this will be the best stretch in the 100 year history of the team.

Nice find! Those accessories for the thrift finds can add up. I found an old lamp with a clipper ship base at a garage sale for $1, but two small lampshades to match it cost me $28.

Luckily AC Moore had a 40% of frames sale lol

Back