Quantcast

1/8 birch ply custom fin cutting source

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

kcobbva

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking to get some nice 1/8" baltic birch fins cut to size and shape. Can anyone point me to a vendor that does such? I've seen some state 1/4" but these need to stay at 1/8" so I can stick with MPR for this bird. I've got an svg out of rocksim and also ported to visio. Seems most searches turned up stuff from a long time ago. I'd sure appreciate any assistance. I'm rebuilding a stronger better scratch design I did 12-13 years ago after destroying the balsa fins this past weekend.

IMG_0073a.jpg

RocketFeller

Reaction score
Mike Fisher at Binder Design can CNC cut you find. He uses top-quality plywood, you can't go wrong!

kcobbva

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. I didn't think of that and have sent him an email!

MaxQ

Tripoli 2747
Reaction score
I am looking to get some nice 1/8" baltic birch fins cut to size and shape. Can anyone point me to a vendor that does such? I've seen some state 1/4" but these need to stay at 1/8" so I can stick with MPR for this bird. I've got an svg out of rocksim and also ported to visio. Seems most searches turned up stuff from a long time ago. I'd sure appreciate any assistance. I'm rebuilding a stronger better scratch design I did 12-13 years ago after destroying the balsa fins this past weekend.

View attachment 297446
Build thread.

crossfire

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Bill
At Balsa Machining can do it for you.