1/70th Scale Fleet

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bguffer

Reaction score
201509.jpg

From left to right:
Paper model Mercury Redstone, using nosecone from Semroc. Built to be launchable, but haven't launched. Probably will be a bad flyer due to not making fins larger than scale.
Paper model Mercury Atlas, using nosecone from secroc. Built to be launchable, except i never added fins. No plans to launch this.
Estes Gemini Titan. Built to launch, haven't launched yet. Transparent fins are included in the kit, but not shown in picture.
Semroc Little Joe II. Built to launch, with no plans to launch. I don't feel like rebuilding another tower...
Semroc Saturn IB. Built to launch. Launched twice. Modded to be a 4x24mm cluster. 4 Estes E9's each flight. This has been retired.
Apogee Components Saturn V. Launched once in 2007, on Aerotech G64. Fair amount of damage during recovery (my fault). Last year finally repaired the damage. This has been retired.
Airfix Apollo Lunar Module.
Carl Campbell / DFR Technologies / Real Space Rockets Delta IV Medium 5 +4. Have yet to launch this, but would like to launch once, get pictures of launch, then retire.

I built the Little Joe II, Saturn 1B, and Saturn V at the same time. Launched Saturn 1B and Saturn V. Had to repair towers on both. Never launched Little Joe II, because i didn't want to rebuild yet another tower.
Added the paper models a little later, to finish up the normally recognized 1960's lineup of space race rockets. I included motor mounts, etc. Ended up taking a lot more time/patience than i anticipated, so i ditched plans to launch.
Acquired the Delta IV Medium 5+4 kit when they first became available. Started building in 2010, and finally got around to mostly finishing last year. Still need to paint nose cones on SRMs.

Hopefully the lineup gets bigger. I have 1/70th scale North Coast Rockety Shuttle, Delta IV Heavy, Delta II, and Delta III kits waiting to be built. Would be nice to find a paper model template of SpaceX Falcon rockets.

Last edited:
Nice!

Could you list the vendor's for each of these and say whether they are flying/static models?

Greg

Nice! Particularly as they are all at the same scale. Good job.

Beautiful. I am starting on a similar fleet myself. I have a SEMROC Saturn 1B next up in the queue.

Back