1/70th Saturn 1B, Apollo Capsule, and Mars Lander Fans!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandman

Reaction score
Great news!!!

If you ever wanted to clone everybody's favorite 1/70th Saturn 1B or the Mars Lander or just a flyable Apollo capsule go here!

https://www.tela.com/~dtkostron/

Warm up your PDF software...get a cup of coffee and download your brains out!

All the plans and patterns are there!

Get ahold of Paul Graf (he's a member here) and get the vacuform wraps for the Saturn 1B...get the T-104" tubes from Totally Tubular, a tade smaller than the BT-51 but close! He is coming out with the BT-100 tubes soon, get a capsule kit from Apogee Components, get some decals and you're set!

BMS has the Mars lander cones.

No excuses now 'cause you didn't get a Saturn 1B or a Mars Lander as a kid!

Go build!!:D

sandman

Sandman,

Thanks for the update on KosRox. I always find useful scale and kit cloning information at that site.

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

Dangit..

See what you've done Sandman, first its your Little Joe 2, then its Drew's Energia-Buran, and then there is my own Terrier-Sandhawk, Nike base, and DM-F3 Delta 3..now you throw me this bone..

So little time, so many scale rockets..*drooooool*

Thats it, I'm giving up sleeping..8)

Thanks for the link.

Thank you! The Apollo pad abort test rocket looks like an interesting rocket to build! Thanks again! ..loojack

Hey Sandman,

What is there to do about those few weird sized body tubes you need for the 1b? That has stopped my cloning efforts in its tracks......

What is there to do about those few weird sized body tubes you need for the 1b?

There are only two odd tubes. Not really a difficult hurdle to overcome.

But that's just me!

For the BT-100 (3.744" O.D.) you could wait until Totally Tubular comes out with it or carefully cut down a BT-101 (3.938" O.D.)

For the BT-51 (1.011" O.D.) you could use a Totally Tubular T-1.04" tube (.029" big) :D cut it and reglue it with the seam on the inside Or a BT-50 with a couple of paper wraps to make up the .035".

That size difference would be very dificult to spot by eye.

Of course...I have some BT-51's and some BT-100's someplace:rolleyes:

sandman

Back