3D Printing 1/60 scale Saturn V, 3D printed, highly detailed

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful model! It reminds me of the one on display here in Huntsville.

The Saturn line of rockets were not only beautiful but one of with a clean record of successful launches.

All successful, but I'm not sure I'd say perfectly clean. There were a couple of anomalous engine occurrences, such as the early center engine shutdown on the Apollo 13 S-II stage. Pogo oscillations also plagued both the S-IC and S-II stages throughout the program. Not to say that the Saturn-V wasn't an awesome vehicle, it was; just saying that it wasn't without its warts.

Beautiful model! It reminds me of the one on display here in Huntsville.

All successful, but I'm not sure I'd say perfectly clean. There were a couple of anomalous engine occurrences, such as the early center engine shutdown on the Apollo 13 S-II stage. Pogo oscillations also plagued both the S-IC and S-II stages throughout the program. Not to say that the Saturn-V wasn't an awesome vehicle, it was; just saying that it wasn't without its warts.
All true anomalies. I was more referring to them all getting of ground and completing their mission unlike the 4 Russian N1 attempts.

Err... I was up and down the page a couple of times before I realized... Where's the interstage adapter (skirt) between the second and third stage?

I wanna build this so bad it hurts. And I don't even HAVE a 3D printer... :(

Hi Bravo, I did not do a build thread. We are just leaving for family at the farm, when I get back I will post pics that I have and answer any questions that you may think of. Dave. Merry Xmas.

Got the files off Thingiverse from Dave's Rocket shop. Not me, just someone with same name. I thought they came out very nice. Saw it, had never 3D printed anything before. So I bought an Ender 5 Pro. This rocket is the very first thing I ever printed.
1st pic, all done
2nd fin mounting CR with lightning holes
3rd is the bottom thrust ring
4th printing the F1 engine
5th upper stack with couple alongside. this part is the separation point for recovery, Flies with a JLCR on a 9' Rocketman NASA main chute
6th closer detail of the prints

Wife screa.... calling me now. Gotta go!

Attachments

• saturn v collection 003.JPG
    saturn v collection 003.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 40
  • thrust plate 001.JPG
    thrust plate 001.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 39
  • thrust plate 002.JPG
    thrust plate 002.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 34
  • F-1 engine 002.JPG
    F-1 engine 002.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 36
  • saturn v prints 001.JPG
    saturn v prints 001.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 35
  • saturn v prints 002.JPG
    saturn v prints 002.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 33
  • saturn v prints 003.JPG
    saturn v prints 003.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 30
Thank you for posting. Love it! That is fantastic being the first print.

I did find another post by Dave on his build. They both look great. I have a idle printer that will be putting to use on this! Maybe 1/72 scale!

Merry Christmas!

Back