3D Printing 1/60 scale Saturn V, 3D printed, highly detailed

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Raptor 2

Raptor2
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The Saturn line of rockets were not only beautiful but one of with a clean record of successful launches.

TheAviator

Reaction score
Beautiful model! It reminds me of the one on display here in Huntsville.

The Saturn line of rockets were not only beautiful but one of with a clean record of successful launches.
All successful, but I'm not sure I'd say perfectly clean. There were a couple of anomalous engine occurrences, such as the early center engine shutdown on the Apollo 13 S-II stage. Pogo oscillations also plagued both the S-IC and S-II stages throughout the program. Not to say that the Saturn-V wasn't an awesome vehicle, it was; just saying that it wasn't without its warts.

Raptor 2

Raptor2
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful model! It reminds me of the one on display here in Huntsville.

All successful, but I'm not sure I'd say perfectly clean. There were a couple of anomalous engine occurrences, such as the early center engine shutdown on the Apollo 13 S-II stage. Pogo oscillations also plagued both the S-IC and S-II stages throughout the program. Not to say that the Saturn-V wasn't an awesome vehicle, it was; just saying that it wasn't without its warts.
All true anomalies. I was more referring to them all getting of ground and completing their mission unlike the 4 Russian N1 attempts.

David Schwantz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 1/52nd scale Saturn V, she flies on a K2050ST. Also all 3D printed.