• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found 1/4" x 18" launch lug

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wonderboy

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for a 1/4" x 18" long launch lug for my Tango Papa 2x Mars Lander kit.

I'm ready to start on my next project but am missing the launch lug. I can't locate anything that long from any of the online rocketry vendors, although I do see 5/16" (ID) phenolic tubing on McMaster Carr (that may be what I go with).

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
I might get some flak for this with respect to the NAR "I shall not use metal parts", but you can use 1/4" aluminum tube readily available at Home Depot. Considering your TPML has an internal lug, it shouldn't be a problem. I use 3/16" threaded rod for my E-bay rails and I regularly send those rockets up with J motors...

The aluminum tube is a good idea.

The reality is the Tango Papa Mars Lander kits already have a small bit of metal as the main piece of the landing legs.

Thank guys!! I've known about Balsa Machining Service for ever, but have never ordered from them... so they weren't on my radar when I searched for this launch lug. The T14LL-34 appears to be exactly what I need. The eRockets T2 tubing also looks good, although just a tiny bit tighter tolerance on the launch rod.

The aluminum tube was going to be my backup if I struck out finding the paper tube.

In parallel with this activity, I contact the original owner of the TPML 2x kit, and he commented how now remembers how the LL was left out of his original order and was sent later... he managed to find the separately shipped LL in his stash so I've got the official one coming.

Thanks everyone for the help! This place is great.
-Frank

Back