3D Printing 1/20th scale 3d Saturn V

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alex, you ought to print a rocket garden at 1/20 scale, for your front yard. You know, like the Huntsville Space Museum, where they planted and grew all those rockets. :) You have the hard part done. Saturn V is virtually complete, and you have the 3rd stage & command & service modules for a Saturn 1B. And there are probably files somewhere on the web for some of the other rockets, just need to upscale them.

You could even concrete the entire front yard, for realism; never have to mow it again. ;) Of course if your SWMBO is anything like mine, she'd have some words to say about it...
View attachment 414331

Best -- Terry

At one point, I did have about half of the rocket garden built, and I do have an understanding wife.....

3E7099A4-E780-4A71-8B71-0850C94BC8D2.jpeg

She relies on the fact that eventually most of my rockets CATO, crash, or burn and won't make it back home. Both of the rockets she is modeling above are now resting in pieces... The Mercury was a victim of one of my research motors gone wrong (burned through the case). The Saturn V parachute didn't deploy.

12-foot section of 18" sonotube finally arrived today. Menards provided a discount because the ends were crushed. I guess they didn't realize the ends are always crushed..... I need to add about 4 more feet to my carbon fiber winder, but all should be ready for winding by next weekend.

I was hoping to get this finished by mini midwest power, but that doesn't look likely. Luckily, I've been working on some other things....20200509_142908.jpg

Back