1/18 Scale SR-71 Blackbird

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'll probably bring it once it's done to show people who have been following the thread, but I can't guarentee I'll fly it. I just don't want to risk something going wrong in a small place like Amesbury.

nothing. i asked about that earlier on this thread (as in, about 6 months ago) and someone said i didn't have to do anything to it. should i have treated it with something?

my brother (redsox15) just fiberglassed his nosecone for his L2 and didn't treat it with anything and he said it worked out fine.

Use white glue. It'll help to keep the foam from deforming when the resin kicks.

and the white glue won't peel off after it dries and the resin will adhear to it well?

another question, thick layer, thin layer?

thanks for the tip, i'll have to try it out

Polyester resin which is often used to glass RC airplanes will attack bare foam. None of the epoxy resins I have used do that and I've built a couple of glider wings by glassing wire-cut blue foam.

The glue will not peal off. Just enough to form a barrier will work. When tor done, you could even pour acetone inside and melt all the foam out if you want to save weight

Back