• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 1/12th.scale V2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulBC

Reaction score
Hi Rocketeers,
I have one complete 1/12th. scale V2 kit for sale that I originally designed in 2003, a SpaceCraft kit. (doesn't time fly..)
It is a very detailed 'every rivet' kit and has been described as skill level 20.
I sold several of these back in early 21st. century but have never heard back from anyone who built and flew it.
It can also make an attractive static scale model, ( same scale as dolls houses)
Rather than asking a price I am open to offers. Please let me know if you would like more details.
Paul Clark

Do you have any pics? Or a price for that matter? I'm interested in a V2 in the future but have no idea what this is worth.

I guess it depends on who you are. I had a post pulled because I didn't list a sale price.

Hi Rocketeers,
I have one complete 1/12th. scale V2 kit for sale that I originally designed in 2003, a SpaceCraft kit. (doesn't time fly..)
It is a very detailed 'every rivet' kit and has been described as skill level 20.
I sold several of these back in early 21st. century but have never heard back from anyone who built and flew it.
It can also make an attractive static scale model, ( same scale as dolls houses)
Rather than asking a price I am open to offers. Please let me know if you would like more details.
Paul Clark

The rules on the forum state that you must name a price. Either put a price or I am pulling the post.

Do you have any pics? Or a price for that matter? I'm interested in a V2 in the future but have no idea what this is worth.

Hi Troy, Here are some pics. Unpainted built model and 2 versions and a close up of hatches. With regards price, it's highest bidder at the moment. It cost $90 in 2004. PaulGreyV2.jpgV2 detail.jpg
V2 Built2.jpg

V2Camo.jpg

The rules on the forum state that you must name a price. Either put a price or I am pulling the post.
H i Chuck,
Sorry, I didn't realise I couldn't auction it. The price would be $200 plus shipping.
PaulBC

Hurry, Paul, list a price! And maybe some pics! This I want to see!
Hi,
Chuck Haislip has told me I have to name a price so I'm asking $200.
It sold for $90 back in 2004.
Here are some pics. You may have seen them on other post replies.
PaulBC
GreyV2.jpgV2Camo.jpgV2 Built2.jpg

Attachments

• V2 detail.jpg
    V2 detail.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 5
Yes, I did see them. So this would be, like, 46" tall or so? I forget the exact height of the real V2. De sit require some kind of conversion to fly, or is their a motor mount, or..? I can't tell if that white inner member is an internal launch lug or what - I'm somewhat naive about the construction of higher power rockets...

Hi,
The launch stand doesn't come with the kit I'm afraid, though I could supply a drawing. It was designed to fly and has done many times. Here is the full spec.

SpaceCraft 1/12th scale V2 Kit specification.
The Model

The model is based on detailed study of photographs, copies of the original drawings of the V2, and observations of three V2 rockets on display in London museums. Great effort has been taken to accurately replicate the detail of the V2’s construction such as the riveting and panelling sections of the rocket.
Although it is made in totally different materials, the construction of the model is similar in principle to the real rocket, with a rigid inner frame covered by a thin outer aerodynamic skin. The main parts, Nose, Fuselage and Tail replicate the main components in the original rocket. I have made the model as light as possible and it has been satisfactorily flown on F24-4W and G35-4W motors. Because of the various sizes of motors can vary the kit will not necessarily contain the motor mount size you require and I have assumed that you will be competent enough to make the size you require. If you want to try different sized motors, build adapters that will fit in the 42mm body tube. Although it is designed to be flown the model can alternatively be built as a static model for display only.
It is supplied with transfers for the versions of the V2 flown in the USA in the 1940s/1950s and, suitably painted, the number markings for the tactical versions flown by the Germans in WW2.
It would be possible to convert the kit into a Bumper/WAC version as flown by the U.S.A.
Dimensions of built rocket:
The built model is 117cm. (46") high and 30 cm. (11.63") span. The fuselage diameter is 13.75 cm ( 5.4") It weighs approx. 850 gms (1lb.14oz.) (Not including propellant and parachute) The final weight will depend on the amount of adhesives, fillers and paint used to complete model.
The kit components
The kit consist mainly of 5 mm (0.2”) foam board parts and clear PVC vacuum formings made from 5 micron stock. (After forming many parts are thinner than this) The fuselage spars are made of pre-cut 1/8" ply. The small panels and hatches details are formed in 2 micron PVC.
There are a lengths of 42mm (1.65”) diameter and 67mm (2.64") body tube that provide the core of the model. In addition there are card components and metal clips. The model has been divided into three main components : the Nose, the main Fuselage and the Tail section. These parts are coded N, F, and T respectively. Each is built separately and then combined for flight. There are detailed instructions and a 1/12th. scale drawing.
N.B. The foam board and vacuum formed parts need careful trimming to prepare prior to assembly
Please Note: This model was made in small quantities and so the components will need more hand preparation than a mass produced kit. It is very demanding to build and should only be tackled by experienced modellers. Similarly, it is not advised that you attempt to fly it unless you have previous experience and are familiar with model rocketry safety codes.
If you require any further information or photos, please email me at; [email protected]

I made my own big V-2 by taking two Big Daddy kits and a new 3 inch body tube. Cut out my own fins in 1/8" plywood, and added details to it from photo's I had in a book. Not perfect but close enough. Carved vents out of light balsa, and had printed vinyl stickers for additional detail. Used pieces of body tub for access panels and a magic marker for rivets. Uses Estes 29mm F 15-4 for a pretty darn good flight !

Attachments

• V2.png
    V2.png
    155.7 KB · Views: 18
  • V2 details.png
    V2 details.png
    590 KB · Views: 16
  • V2 details 2.png
    V2 details 2.png
    167.9 KB · Views: 14
  • V2 extra details.png
    V2 extra details.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • V2 launch.png
    V2 launch.png
    189.1 KB · Views: 12
Hi,
The launch stand doesn't come with the kit I'm afraid, though I could supply a drawing. It was designed to fly and has done many times. Here is the full spec.

SpaceCraft 1/12th scale V2 Kit specification.
The Model

The model is based on detailed study of photographs, copies of the original drawings of the V2, and observations of three V2 rockets on display in London museums. Great effort has been taken to accurately replicate the detail of the V2’s construction such as the riveting and panelling sections of the rocket.
Although it is made in totally different materials, the construction of the model is similar in principle to the real rocket, with a rigid inner frame covered by a thin outer aerodynamic skin. The main parts, Nose, Fuselage and Tail replicate the main components in the original rocket. I have made the model as light as possible and it has been satisfactorily flown on F24-4W and G35-4W motors. Because of the various sizes of motors can vary the kit will not necessarily contain the motor mount size you require and I have assumed that you will be competent enough to make the size you require. If you want to try different sized motors, build adapters that will fit in the 42mm body tube. Although it is designed to be flown the model can alternatively be built as a static model for display only.
It is supplied with transfers for the versions of the V2 flown in the USA in the 1940s/1950s and, suitably painted, the number markings for the tactical versions flown by the Germans in WW2.
It would be possible to convert the kit into a Bumper/WAC version as flown by the U.S.A.
Dimensions of built rocket:
The built model is 117cm. (46") high and 30 cm. (11.63") span. The fuselage diameter is 13.75 cm ( 5.4") It weighs approx. 850 gms (1lb.14oz.) (Not including propellant and parachute) The final weight will depend on the amount of adhesives, fillers and paint used to complete model.
The kit components
The kit consist mainly of 5 mm (0.2”) foam board parts and clear PVC vacuum formings made from 5 micron stock. (After forming many parts are thinner than this) The fuselage spars are made of pre-cut 1/8" ply. The small panels and hatches details are formed in 2 micron PVC.
There are a lengths of 42mm (1.65”) diameter and 67mm (2.64") body tube that provide the core of the model. In addition there are card components and metal clips. The model has been divided into three main components : the Nose, the main Fuselage and the Tail section. These parts are coded N, F, and T respectively. Each is built separately and then combined for flight. There are detailed instructions and a 1/12th. scale drawing.
N.B. The foam board and vacuum formed parts need careful trimming to prepare prior to assembly
Please Note: This model was made in small quantities and so the components will need more hand preparation than a mass produced kit. It is very demanding to build and should only be tackled by experienced modellers. Similarly, it is not advised that you attempt to fly it unless you have previous experience and are familiar with model rocketry safety codes.
If you require any further information or photos, please email me at; [email protected]
Wow, thanks! I hope someone here gives it a good home; I'd have to get certified to fly that beauty... though my wife does say that I'm certifiable.... 🤔

This is a very nice kit. Plastic skins have all the rivet details molded in. Light weight for a large rocket. In the middle of refurbish mine (damaged in last house move).

Hi Dale,
How are you doing?
Thanks for the kit praise.
I'm currently building an A9 (proposed piloted version of the V2) based on my 1/12th. kit and I must get round to another Bumper/WAC one day.
Is there a particular part you need to rep[air your V2?
Best wishes,
Paul

Hi Dale,
How are you doing?
Thanks for the kit praise.
I'm currently building an A9 (proposed piloted version of the V2) based on my 1/12th. kit and I must get round to another Bumper/WAC one day.
Is there a particular part you need to rep[air your V2?
Best wishes,
Paul

Just some cracking in the nose cone. Plastic seems a bit brittle. But not a hard fix. Thought I'd have all this rocket building/f;ying time once I retired. Instead, I've been rebuilding a 120+ year old historic house. But I'm going t have a great workshop once it's done.

I really liked all your kits. Americans seemed to shy away from the laminated paper parts on the X-15s. I'd love to see a Bumper WAC kit. Maybe just the top section as an add-on accessory kit.

Hi Dale,
Good to hear back from you.
If your nose cone is damaged you could replace it with a slotted one for the WAC Corporal to go on top?
I think I have an amended the former for the Bumper nose ages ago, and I have to do some vac-forming soon.
Would you be interested?
Without some sophisticated electronics I've always been stumped as to how to ignite the WAC Corporal.
Any ideas? I have the scale drawings for a 1/12th. Bumper and waterslide decals for the B7 round.
Attached are photos of the real thing in 1950and a model I built in 2004.
I've spent most of my life doing up old buildings. We are currently in a cottage built in 1640, but fortunately refurbished in the 1970s. We came back from France (to England) 8 years ago, having spent a fortune doing up a set of old barns and a house. Thank goodness we left when we did. Because of the damned Brexit and now the virus, we would never have been able to sell if we wanted to leave now.
Hope you and yours are well,
Best wishes,
Paul
Bumper:WACB7.png

Bumper:WAC2004.png

Without some sophisticated electronics I've always been stumped as to how to ignite the WAC Corporal.
Any ideas?
Paul, I used electronics to fire the Wac Corporal and I believe James Duffy did, also. There is also the problem of conveniently attaching the leads to the Wac Corporal in a reusable and repeatable fashion. I simply had leads go through a bulkhead plate and attach to the Wac Corporal motor and then cram everything back into the nose cone without creating an electrical short circuit. Then there is problem that the leads are destroyed each time from the Wac Corporal blast and need to be rebuilt. I noticed that James Duffy uses a piston tube to launch the Wac Corporal. I would think the advantage of this method is that the the leads can be extended outside the nose cone and attached conveniently attached to the Wac Corporal motor.

Back