• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1/100 Gliding space shuttle orbiters.....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluewise

Reaction score
I have for sale, 1/100 scale, highly detailed, true to scale (no oversized wings),
resin hollow Orbiters. They are pre-balanced and ready for you to paint.
After years of not finding an orbiter of this size for my stack, I decided to do something about it.
I made my own. Three molds and a long time getting it to balance and glide. Alot of test flights. Alot! You do NOT need oversized wings to make a scale Orbiter glide beautifully! These Orbiters weigh in around 6 oz. when balanced out. I add 1/100 decals with my Orbiters. And add the mounting hardware that attaches to ANY size tube for a booster rocket. Or make your own stack. I have them at eBay or you can contact me at: [email protected]
This has been a long time comin'. Check it out. Ron

We saw these on Ebay not all that long ago.

[video=youtube;GffJC1q2W78]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GffJC1q2W78[/video]

Last edited:
Yeah Sergio it's the same guy....lol
I got so mad years ago looking for a good 1/100
orbiter, I just spent alot of money and made my own.
You know nothing is cheap in the silicone molding arena.
And the endless test flights.
Let alone getting my finless stack to fly. OMG
I blame George ...... for the inspiration .....lol
I just hope to get some money back....lol
Hope to help anyone looking for a scale orbiter.

Seeing that profile flying in the sky again is pretty cool!

Ron,
could you share pictures of your Shuttle Stack ?
We love to see pictures !
And we would love to see your finless stack.

Great pics. For those who haven't seen them:
Shuttles 1.jpgShuttles 2.jpg

Does the one on the left fly? Would love to see that one fly!

Alot of ppl are asking the same questions so I'll try to answer some here.

Some of my Shuttle features:
I have a total of nine molds in order to make my stack.....
No fins
Resin orbiter
Ejecting boosters with chutes
Loaded weight: Hair over 2 pds.
You can launch it on a 1/4 rod, or on the rail buttons. I like the buttons.
Two motors: G80-4 for main thrust, and a C6-5 or 7 to use the ejection charge to eject boosters. And it adds a cool visual. You lite motors at the same time.
Texture paint to simulate foam on E.T.
I have three on the bench right now with different motor placements. They all fly, however Im
double checking which is the best in some upcoming flight tests.
Then Ill deal with the dvd instructions.
I have melted and formed the lead in the nosecone to be at the very tip. This has aided
tremendously in the balance.
The orbiters wings are resin and stiff. So they are firm for the guidance and NO fins are needed.
It flys with or without the boosters.....
I occasonally have a big motor spit and sputter on the pad. And the little motors ejects the boosters right on the pad. Then the big motor kicks in and flies without the boosters. Not a problem, it still flys safe.
I buy my stuff at Dave's (Red Arrow Hobbies), a good friend. I live only 30 min. away.
I will be talking with him to sell my orbiters also. He has already gave me a thumbs up.
My Suhr Stack will be available much later. I want it perfect before I sell it. I'll keep you all posted on that.
Any more questions.... Please email: [email protected] RonCP pics Shuttle Stack 017.jpg

Last edited:
Back