1:1 Nike Smoke - Launching this Sunday @ Havoc in the Paddock (Feb 9)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time for some thread necro... The Nike is flying again in 2023, this time it's on an R (yes R) motor...

March 5, 2023 - Orini, Waikato, New Zealand

Get your travel on.
Oh, to be wealthy. "Drop everything Honey, we're going half way around the world to watch a model rocket go up." Seriously, I'd be there if I could.

George, is that a Cosmodrome kit?
Think I recognize the nosecone. Did my L-1 with that rocket 20 yrs. ago.
It's a pic I found googling to show an example of a real Nike-Smoke model.

Estes had a 3" diameter Nike Smoke 12 years or so back, this might be that.

I highly cropped the pic width & height to maximize the image of the rocket, it was sitting on a launch rack, rods on both sides.

It was claimed to be a "1:1" model . . . That "opened the door to comparison" . . . It is NOT "1:1", as illustrated by the data I and George posted . . . Simple facts.

You have a pattern on this prickly behavior on TRF, this isn't a one off, this your MO, and I called you out on it, deal with it...
You're both right. Dave, you have earned a reputation for prickliness, and Justin I think you're responding to that reputation more than to what Dave wrote this time.

Are there pictures of the recovery of this flight? I would love to see more technical details of the rocket. Also that launch site is unreal beautiful. Any details or more pics would be fun to see.

Would you scale purists please bugger off and create your own thread instead of pissing on this one?
A discussion on what constitutes a "scale" rockets is better off in the scale section of the forum. Maybe the moderators will move the posts from this thread to a new one. I might even chime in there, but on this thread, it would be nice to stay on topic. Anyway I am excited to see more pictures and learn more about this rocket, the team and the club in New Zealand.

Back