07 November 2021 - CMASS Launch and NRC Event - Amesbury, MA

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Instead of our usual Saturday launch date, we'll be planning on launching on Sunday the 7th. This is the weekend to turn your clocks back so that lets us have a night launch after we've completed our daytime launch. The forecast conditions show sunny with temps in the high 40's to low 50's and light wind. Unfortunately, that wind is tending to come out of the east so we may not be able to support high-power flights and other flights will need to stay below 1000-ft. For the night flights, we've always had the 1000-ft restriction and no high power flights.

We will be running NRC events so bring out your contest rockets and help with the timing when someone flies a duration event.

Other volunteer positions can be secured by using our Launch Duty sign-up sheet (be sure to hit the Submit button at the bottom of the page to lock in your selection). Food service, safety check and launch control all have open slots. You don't need to sign up to help out with set up and tear down just be there and pitch in.

Bundle up and come out to the day and night launch.

The wind direction has improved but is predicted to blow toward the shortest part of the field. Take care in matching your motor and rocket as well as how the launch rod/rail is positioned; use the large part of the field.

Greg West again attended our launch and offers us the use of the photos in this folio at no charge. This includes photos from the second October launch, Greg's first visit with us.

I know lots of you enjoyed his work from October as I saw some of those used around the internet.

Back