Quantcast

£ into$=rocket purchase heaven

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

arthur dent

Reaction score
Great exchange rate for all us u.k. rocketeers wanting to import all those lovely,lovely rocket goodies...yipeeee:cool:

WiK

Site Admin
Reaction score
Just remember the tax rule:

If its under £18 (without shipping) go for it!
If its over £18 (without shipping) it will be taxed, VAT'ed and god knows what else... Prepare to pay extra. :eek:

Phil

cydermaster

Reaction score
Originally posted by arthur dent
Great exchange rate for all us u.k. rocketeers.
Sure is, and I've been taking full advantage of it!

:D

I just wish we could buy motors directly from the States - they're a fraction of the price!

arthur dent

Reaction score
Yep it's quite frustating especially when you add on P+p for motors.Just imagine being able to trot down down to asda and get a couple of packs of d-12-7's along side yer frozen chips and linda mccartney sausages..lol..we'll have to see if we can talk deepsky into getting the Estes bulk motor packs,they should be cheaper then:)

powderburner

Reaction score
Originally posted by arthur dent
...get a couple of packs of d-12-7's along side yer frozen chips and linda mccartney sausages..
What exactly is a Linda McCartney sausage?
Does this have anything to do with her choice to be a vegetarian?
Do I detect a note of sarcasm here?

arthur dent

Reaction score
Nope ..no sarcasm what so ever,infact im quite partial to the entire L.M. range of vegetarian foods.This was just one of the products that came to me when i was indicating how much fun it would be to do my rocket shopping along side my grocerys like you can in the states at a WAL-MART for instance.I could have just as easily picked out Bernard Matthews turkey ribbed fillets,I meant no disrepect to vegiterians what soever.:)

astronboy

Reaction score
Oh man, you guys are killing me!! Last time I was in London Only a couple of years ago), it was $1.20 to the pound. Now it is $1.90!!

I would kill for some Bangers and Mash, or a good hearty pasty.

flying_silverad

Reaction score
Originally posted by astronboy
Oh man, you guys are killing me!! Last time I was in London Only a couple of years ago), it was $1.20 to the pound. Now it is $1.90!!

I would kill for some Bangers and Mash, or a good hearty pasty.
Don't forget the "Bubble and Squeek!"

astronboy

Reaction score
It;s funny, I love some English food, like 'Toad in the Hole' and ;Welsh Rarebit', but Bubble and Squeak, and Eel Pie just never did anything for me.

Just give me a few Pork Pies, a pint of Bitter (anything cask conditioned is fine), and I am all set!!

Latest posts