Madcow Cowabunga & Lil' Goblin Builds

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luisv

Reaction score
Managed to pick up a Cowabunga and a FG Lil' Goblin during the Madcow Black Friday Sale. Package arrived today and I'm looking forward to building these bad boys over the winter. The build thread will be slow as I have a few other projects that I'm working on. Below are the accessories that picked up during the sale as well...

Cowabunga
  • 30" Parachute
  • 12" x 12" Nomex Chute Protector
  • 38mm Motor Retainer

Lil' Goblin
  • 24" Parachute
  • 9" x 9" Nomex Chute Protector
  • 29mm Motor Retainer

IMG_5697.jpg

IMG_5696.jpg

"Over the winter?"

That 'lil Goblin should take no more than an afternoon! It's only what...18" tall? LOL!

I've been thinking about ordering the full sized Goblin from What's Up Hobbies. Well, unless Madcow brings back the Squat, that is.

Neither dual deploy?

No sorry... not yet. I have my eye on another rocket once these are done. :rolleyes:

o1d_dude said:
"Over the winter?"

That 'lil Goblin should take no more than an afternoon! It's only what...18" tall? LOL!

I've been thinking about ordering the full sized Goblin from What's Up Hobbies. Well, unless Madcow brings back the Squat, that is.

Gonna try to take it nice and sloooow... lol :D

I have a Lil Goblin in the bag. Is fiberglass completely overkill for such a lil guy or do you have plans for more than 29mm? I've never flown a glassed airframe.

This is my first glass rocket and I purchased the 29mm motor mount as I wasn't sure if 38mm was over kill. I plan to use this as my test bed into glass. I'm planning to build it lean and mean to see if I can launch it with 24mm reloads in my local park and make it scream with the 29mm at larger fields.

I too purchased the FG lil goblin from madcow on friday. This will also be my first composite build. I look forward to building it along side your build. I hope to learn along with you. Please keep it up and thanks for the first fg lil goblin build thread.
Waggonner

Will do and can't wait to complete it... have you decided on color schemes?

Im thinking of doing something like the RDR by Mercury Engineering...simple yet bold. I have also asked for the help of another member of this forum to give me some tips on painting. He recently did a big daddy that is similar in size to the lil goblin. Check out what how he painted his rocket... WOW:eyepop:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=29017

Waggonner

Ignore the last post. I just revisited the quadaddy thread and see that you have already been there and seen his work. Anyway that is what i would like to emulate.
Waggonner

Wanna have a bunch of fun with Little Goblin? Put in the CTI F120. 5..4..3..2..1..BANG! Looks like an artillery shell.

More like the F240 you put in yours al...that was fast as hell...

Im thinking of doing something like the RDR by Mercury Engineering...simple yet bold. I have also asked for the help of another member of this forum to give me some tips on painting. He recently did a big daddy that is similar in size to the lil goblin. Check out what how he painted his rocket... WOW:eyepop:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=29017

Waggonner

That would be ideal; however, with my painting skills... possibly out of my league. I'm definitely willing to try though... we'll see...:cool:

Latest posts

Back