• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Aerotech RMS-98/7680 casing/closures

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

utahrc

Reaction score
I have for sale an Aerotech RMS-98/7680 casing with closures. I'm asking $350 including shipping within the US.

The casing has been used a total of two times - once for my successful L3 cert flight and a second time to repeat the experience for friends and family that couldn't make it to the first launch.

It's in excellent condition with only a couple very minor scratches as visible just above and to the right of the label in the photo below.

As you can see it's a bit unique in that it's dated 7/95, with a serial number of 36 indicating that it's from the very first run of these casings produced by Aerotech in their original Las Vegas location. I don't know that this adds any real value, but I thought it was neat when I picked it up new a few years ago.

Because of the vintage the forward closure had a hole for an ejection charge. (Apparently they flew M-sized rockets without electronics back then - blows my mind.) I tapped the hole and plugged it with a stainless steel bolt as you can see in the photo of the closure below. It's now effectively a sealed closure and that bolt isn't going anywhere.

I created this account just to sell off my casings as I'm getting out of the hobby, so I understand if there is some concern about my lack of history here. I'm happy to provide personal information, talk on the phone, or otherwise do what I can to put your mind at ease that I'm a good guy who just wants to sell some motors.

PM or email me if you're interested or have any questions.

98label.jpg

98full.jpg

98closures.jpg

Last edited:
Back